Founded in 2017 by Carolyn Witte and Felicity Yost, Tia is the modern medical home for women. We are trailblazing a new paradigm for women’s healthcare that treats women as whole people vs. parts or life stages. Blending in-person and virtual care services, Tia’s “Whole Woman, Whole Life” care model fuses gynecology, primary care, mental health and evidence-based wellness services to treat women comprehensively. By making women’s health higher quality and lower cost, Tia makes women healthier, providers happier, and the business of care delivery stronger — setting a new standard of care for women everywhere.
Tia has raised more than $132 Million in venture capital funding to date, including a $100 Million Series B investment, one of the largest early-stage rounds ever for a healthcare company focused on women. Since launching in 2017, Tia has grown to serve thousands of women aged 18-80 with blended in-person and virtual care in New York City, Los Angeles, Phoenix and San Francisco. In 2023, Tia announced its most recent joint venture partner, Cedars-Sinai. Tia and Cedars-Sinai plan to serve more than 100,000 women in the Los Angeles region, and aim to expand access to comprehensive women’s health care in a market with primary care/GYN provider shortages.
You’re the finance person that isn’t a finance person. You're the person who understands that Finance is at the center of the organization’s success – and who is eager to design a function that can underpin the various operational needs of the company. You are a person who loves to partner with other organizational constituents to transform strategic plans into numbers, evaluate ways we can optimize to hit goals (budgetary, revenue growth, revenue capture, margin improvement etc), and report out on our progress. You are process driven, methodological, detail oriented – yet you’re strategic, great a synthesizing the story from the numbers and are able to help “bring the organization along” with critical finance concepts. You are excited to navigate with the company through upcoming strategic fundraises.
You’re creative, motivated, sharp, and fast. You want to use financial data to improve company operations. You love being involved in many different projects at once, are great at being ‘budget conscious’ inputter across teams -- and, most of all, are excited about marrying your skill-set with the dynamic, fast moving, highly demanding and challenging start-up environment that is building a new business model in healthcare.
Role Title: VP Finance
Role Summary: You’re charged with ensuring that Tia’s financial organization is humming -- your chief focuses are financial planning, reporting to the board, fundraising, financial story telling, and strategic projects. You partner very closely with our Partnerships and Marketing orgs to ensure strategy + execution; with a tight performance management eye to drive “quick pivots”. You lead financial planning processes as a part of strategic planning and ongoing evaluation. You oversee the accounting organization.
Values & Principles:
- Creativity & open-mindedness
- Ask why, then why again -- seeks to understand and effectively balances open-mindedness and assertiveness
- Excellence with a regard for effort over impact
- Practice a meritocracy of ideas
- Distributed decision making
- Act as a pack, not a lone wolf -- this role is at the intersection of many disparate functions across the organization. You live to collaborate cross functionally and use your pivotal function of finance management to support the various people’s needs.
- Detail orientation + drive to ensure high quality outputs
- Team oriented management style
- See the forest and the trees -- can think big picture and super granularly and engage with other roles across the organization effectively.
- Herding cats -- across the Tia organization and outside the organization; is effective at holding people accountable to accuracy (in a field that is fraught with errors), driving to clarity and hitting deadlines
- Collaborative and solutions oriented -- this role is not about driving down regulations and requirements but instead supporting our teams to get what we need from a business standpoint; you aren’t someone who shirks responsibility you work with teams to ensure finance needs can be effectively integrated into practice
- Is able to speak to / synthesize financial status of the company at varying degrees dependent on who you’re talking to; we can bring you to board meetings with investors, involve you in fundraising conversations / partnership deal negotiations and also know that you’ll be able to effectively explain budgets to clinic managers and other types of support staff.
- Can hold the needs of the business in mind while working through / shaping models
- Is creative in thinking through ways to effectively capitalize the business / structure costs and ensure Tia’s set up financially to achieve success
- Is able to hold billers accountable excellently to ensuring accuracy and correct practices
- Able to design and communicate / hold Responsible Persons accountable to a budgetary management process across the organization
- Highly process oriented
- Highly goal oriented and ruthlessly hits deadlines and deliverable targets
- At least 3-4 years at a director or more senior level running finance organizations
- Highly proficient in financial modeling
- Experience with managing accounting organizations, direct accounting experience a plus
- Experience with start up finance modeling (burn models / cash flow evaluation and venture capital / debt financing)
- Experience managing Joint Ventures a plus
- Experience with RCM a strong plus
- Partner with President to run the strategic planning processes for the company, translating the “plans into numbers”
- Partner with the critical delivery orgs across the company to ensure that we are able to design strategic plans that hit our targeted financial outcomes
- Present annual financial plans to the company and to the board
- Run all financial reporting for the company, including accounting and tax processes
- Report on the company’s trajectory towards strategic goals + implications for the business should it be off track.
- Ensure that the officers are kept aware of the cash state of the company, update this regularly
- Prepare all board meeting materials to report on financial performance
- Bubble up key financial needs to the officers including to raise additional capital, financial runway, revenue impact on runway, service line
- Prepare reports / analysis for officers to understand what the options / tweaks could be various financial elements of the business to creatively ensure strong financial standing for the company
- Run monthly financial reviews and quarterly financial planning sessions in tandem with the cross-company quarterly planning process
- Work with outsourced accountants to ensure that financial documentation is done properly, in a timely way
- Work with outsourced accountants to address all tax matters
- Ensure the company is consistently within budget + spending money wisely
- Oversee employee pay cycles, invoicing, bill pay and the Tia bank accounts
- Work with real-estate operations teams to ensure effective spend on facilities
- Deploy a budget management program to pillars, and enable pillar heads to effectively manage to a budget
- Partner with President and CEO to ensure business is effectively capitalized
- Set fundraising strategy + prepare materials for fundraises
See more jobs at Tia