At Hatch, we're dreaming up new ways to help everyone sleep better. We’ve helped over a million families get the sleep they need and we’re just getting started. Originally inspired by new parents and their babies, Hatch has evolved our suite of smart sleep products to help humans of all ages and stages develop and maintain natural, healthy sleep habits.
We are seeking a Visual Design Lead with a depth of experience in visual design and brand development, and a passion for creating beautiful, human-centered experiences. You will play a key role in developing the visual design language across our family of products, and creating a distinct look and feel across our unique ecosystem of hardware, software, and audio content.
Join our growing team as we dream up new experiences that help people reclaim their rest, and work to define the sleep space as an essential part of overall health and wellness. As our Visual Design Lead your work will include maintaining and expanding our design language, developing packaging designs, visual content and artwork direction, developing iconography and typography, and setting a vision for how our app UI moves towards a consistent and compelling visual style. Digital product experience is a bonus, but not required for this role. You’ll collaborate closely with our stellar design, product, and engineering teams, and play a big role in shaping the creative culture at our company.
What You’ll Do
Within 3 Months:
· Build a solid understanding of our device ecosystem, the science of sleep, and our current visual design language.
· Form strong collaborative relationships across our design, product, and marketing teams.
· Partner with our Senior Director of Design to refine and launch current products.
· In collaboration with the design team, create the sketches, building blocks and foundational elements for a visual design system that our customers will fall in love with.
Within 6 Months:
· See your work come to life across different touch-points as we constantly improve and update our products.
· Design and launch a visual update to our core app interface that creates a cohesive, distinct, and delightful experience for our customers.
· Update our design system and integrate the visual design language with our brand guidelines.
After 1 Year:
· Build on your learnings and design language work to develop and launch a new to the world product.
· Collaborate across design, product, and marketing teams to launch new features, products, and experiences.
· Actively contribute to infusing creativity, play, and learning into our team culture.
What You’ll Bring
· Passion for creating compelling brand and visual design work.
· 5+ years of visual design experience with a strong portfolio showcasing your abilities and imagination.
· Significant experience using core visual design tools: Figma, Illustrator, Photoshop, and hand skills.
· Experience utilizing design research and your strong design sensibilities to transform customer needs and business goals into engaging and polished designs.
· A deep understanding of color, space, typography, iconography, illustration and communication design best practices
· Excitement about building a strong design culture within a fast-paced startup environment.
· Big bonus if you are excited to design for wellness, connected devices, and employ a human-centered design approach. Why You Will Love Working at Hatch!We are certified as A Great Place to Work! 96% of our employees have reported that Hatch is a great place to work.We have an amazing leadership team that truly values its employees and lives our company values each and every day.We delight our customers with something everyone needs: a good night’s sleep!Our team is collaborative, fun, and brilliant!Opportunity to make a large impact in people’s livesWe are backed by world class investors including True Ventures and have strong revenue growthWe let you take care of what you need by offering a flexible/remote work environment
We also take care of you through our comprehensive compensation package and many other perks and benefits including:100% paid medical, dental, and vision for employees and 80% for dependentsMeaningful equity401(k) match with no vesting scheduleRemote office allowanceMonthly Internet reimbursement allowance16 weeks paid parental leave for those important moments in lifeFriends and Family discountMany other spontaneous perksundefined
Designed by experts and loved by parents, our Rest family includes Rest, Rest+, Rest Mini, and Rest (2nd Gen)—all-in-one sleep products designed for babies and kids that can be controlled remotely. Hatch Restore is a fully-customizable product geared toward helping adults sleep well. As an all-in-one sleep assistant, Restore helps people personalize their perfect night of slumber. Launched in 2014 by parent entrepreneurs Ann Crady Weiss and Dave Weiss, and featured on “Shark Tank” in 2016, Hatch is headquartered in Menlo Park, California.
· Pick Up a Shovel - We are a step forward team. Something needs to get done? Sure, I'll pick up a shovel. Everyone at Hatch acts with urgency, rolls up their sleeves, and digs in. We don't wait to see if someone else fills the gap.
· We Believe in Wet Paint - We produce our best work as a team. Bring smart people in early and show them the wet paint. Share your screen with someone and say, "what do you think of this?" Waiting for perfect slows us down. Worrying about being wrong slows us down.
· Learn Faster - At Hatch, we prioritize learning. Learning faster is the key to our success. Human behavior is complicated. We test, learn, iterate. We don't succeed by being smarter than the competition. We succeed by learning faster.
· Feedback is a Gift - Hatch is a safe place where we all do our best to hear each other with good intent. Give feedback directly and with compassion, receive it with grace. We learn and grow together.
· Humans > Process - Success is built on the backs of relationships. We are people, not departments. We have a process but aren’t beholden to it. Good ideas come from everywhere. We smile together, laugh together, struggle together - and that's what makes us win together.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.Apply for this jobSee more jobs at Hatch