SeatGeek believes live events are powerful experiences that unite humans. With our technological savvy and fan-first attitude we’re simplifying and modernizing the ticketing industry.
The Biz Tech team’s mission is to make all folks at SeatGeek more efficient and effective through better tools + smart automation. As Vendor Manager, you will help ensure our stack of SaaS + services contracts is right sized, and optimized to support this goal. You’ll ensure we have the right tools in place for the many roles and teams around SeatGeek, at the right price.
Help up-level our vendor onboarding process to ensure that we are properly assessing fit of new providers upfront, and earning effective pricing + contract terms. You will also lead the charge in spinning up new workflows to ensure that we are optimizing our contracts over time - establishing metrics to track spend, license usage, and renewal effectiveness.
What you'll do
- Refine our vendor onboarding process - make sure SeatGeek has the right mix of tools and an efficient + compliant workflow to vet new providers in partnership with Legal, Finance and Security teams
- Ensure we earn optimal terms and pricing for our stack of best-in-class SaaS tools
- Holistically view and optimize other vendor relationships- such as professional services firms, contractors, other service providers
- Manage productive working relationships internal stakeholders to deeply understand workflows and needs of teams across the business
- Build and maintain connections with key folks at external vendor partners
- Identify opportunities to consolidate tools where we have duplicates, balancing against concerns regarding UX / switching cost
- Proactively leverage usage data and go fwd company plans to optimize renewals
- Partner with finance to set and refine annual budgets for vendor spend, and track performance against budget
- Establish metrics and guiding data sources to produce insight into data points such as total spend by area, savings within year, future savings, avoided cost
- Maintain a map of our entire software ecosystem and help monitor health + effectiveness of each platform in our environment
- Help roll out and manage a new tool to proactively manage our SaaS license footprint in partnership with the Corporate Engineering team
What you have
- SaaS expert - you know the current software landscape, key established players and up and coming upstarts in use by best in class tech companies
- Experience managing and optimizing other types of vendor relationships - e.g. professional services, contractors
- Keen sense of how things get done across the business and how the right tech and tools contribute to success across the business
- Expert negotiation skills
- Knowledge of various pricing models, contract structures and industry pricing levels
- Proactive - you are a self-starter, and lean in to explore and deliver new ideas
- Experience working in or with high growth tech companies - fast paced environment
- 5-7+ years of experience in Consulting, Supply Chain or a Vendor/Procurement role
- Equity stake
- Flexible work environment, allowing you to work as many days a week in the office as you’d like or 100% remotely
- A WFH stipend to support your home office setup
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 16 weeks of paid family leave
- 401(k) matching program
- Health, vision, dental, and life insurance
- Annual subscriptions to Headspace, Ginger.io, and One Medical
- $120 a month to spend on tickets to live events
- Annual subscription to Spotify, Apple Music, or Amazon music
The salary range for this role is $90,000 - $140,000. Actual compensation packages within that range are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years and depth of experience, certifications, and specific location.
SeatGeek is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, military or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. As an equal opportunities employer, we recognize that diversity is a positive attribute and we welcome the differences and benefits that a diverse culture brings. Come join us!
#LI-RemoteSee more jobs at seatgeek