ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a chance to join a cutting-edge trailblazing studio, working with fast-paced emerging technologies and to be part of the digital ownership revolution.
Reality Gaming Group (RGG) is a developer and publisher of new gaming experiences and collectibles that utilise NFT and blockchain technologies at their core.
The RGG studio is looking for a passionate and experienced UX Designer to join the team and help deliver ground-breaking yet accessible games to millions of players around the world. The successful candidate will assist RGG in ensuring our games such as ‘Doctor Who: Worlds Apart’ provide frictionless experience across their many player facing features, services and content.
This is an exciting time to join RGG who have been paving the way for NFT utilising games since 2017.
- Work with the Studio Director to define and ensure UX processes are followed within the studio
- Develop and maintain user centric design principles and methodologies as part of the overall UX process
- Discover, Define, Test and Deliver UX across all areas of the player experience
- Conduct Competitor Analysis including UX breakdowns, User Personas, Empathy Maps and other commonly used industry techniques
- Define use cases (player and product needs) with flows for game screens and features
- Document user journey flows through the game, including FTUEs and player onboarding approaches
- Ideate, Prototype and Test UX using; sketches, wire flows, paper prototyping, hi-fi prototyping and user testing
- Define a game’s key screens, highlighting Information Architecture and Taxonomics
- Be proficient at UX Spec Iteration/Optimisation based on findings or data
- Conduct quick UX concepts for business proposals or game/service pitches to both internal and external parties
- Proactively drive UX user stories, scenario development, user testing and feedback loops
Experience of designing UX in three or more published titles – able to demonstrate a key role within the development of those titles and overall design responsibility for at least one
- Have wide and up to date knowledge of UX trends in all sectors of the video game industry as well as a deep understanding of user experience theory
- Be able to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in written form to all levels within the company
- Experience of working with data analysts to develop and iterate user experience design
- Proficiency with Illustrator or a popular comparable software for UX design
- Have strong analytical skills and have an interest in psychology, user behaviour and cognitive science
- Be comfortable working in an Agile game development setting
- BE PASSIONATE ABOUT GAMES
- Free-to-play or play-to-earn game experience
- Be interested in blockchain technologies such as NFTs
- Have UI production and/or implementation experience
- Have knowledge and experience of designing Website UX, ideally on a game where web content/services contribute to the overall player experience
- Have experience of digital stores and best practices for offers/promotions
- Qualifications in UX Design
The health and safety of our employees is extremely important to us, we are currently operating in a remote working model, however, our London office remains open for flexible use, and we are considering a central UK studio premises in the near future. We understand each person’s circumstances are unique and we will work with you to consider the best way for you to join RGG.
To apply for this position please send your CV with the position applied and current and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org or click below. Short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Information provided will be treated in strict confidence and will only be used for recruitment purposes. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Information of unsuccessful applicants will be destroyed after six months.
Apply for this job