Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
- Job Title: Sr. Manager, TCG Design
- Job Summary: The Sr. Manager, TCG Design leads a team responsible for creating the layout files for the core of the Pokémon Trading Card Game (TCG): The trading cards. This role oversees highly-skilled production designers to procure the graphic files necessary for the successful printing of trading cards. This is not a creative graphic design team, but the contributors possess a high level of detail, technical print knowledge, and ability to follow strict design guidelines provided by our partners in Japan.
- FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
- People Manager: Yes
What you’ll do
- Confidently lead a team of TCG production designers who specialize in trading card layout
- Oversee the preparation of localized trading card assets by ensuring that team follows pre-designed templates and strict production guidelines
- Manage and assign projects with multiple deliverables in a timely fashion and ensure that all deadlines are met
- Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function
- Work with team to document systems and processes with lens toward continuous improvement
- Mentor, conduct performance reviews and assist with annual goals for each employee
- Collaborate with other Design, Production, and Bilingual managers as well as internal stakeholders to identify and implement improvements to internal processes
- Provide data to capture and measure team productivity
- Ability to work overtime if necessary to meet deadlines
- Other duties as assigned
What you’ll bring
- Six+ (6+) years of relevant professional experience, plus 3+ years of management experience
- Experience/understanding of typesetting, layout, and file preparation for print
- Extensive knowledge of print technology and pre-press processes
- Project management administration
- Experience with localization, and online graphic formats a plus
- Proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite on Mac OS
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- Base salary range: $144,000.00 - $216,000.00. This range is applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be hired. It is common for TPCi to start employees below the midpoint of the range. Final base salary is directly related to each candidates' qualifications and experience uniquely.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- UK/IRE Employees: Pension Employer Contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.
#LI-CK1 #LI-HybridSee more jobs at The Pokémon Company International