Catapult exists to build and improve the performance of athletes and teams at all levels of sport. The company has evolved from an Australian startup to a global leader in sports technology with solutions for every element of the performance ecosystem; from wearable tracking to athlete management and video analysis. Catapult is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX: CAT) and works with over 2,100 elite teams and institutes around the world. The company is headquartered in Australia, with major hub offices in the US and the UK.
We offer software, analytics and services that enable sports organizations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach and win. Our products can be found internationally at practice facilities and arenas, in meeting rooms and on the road, serving premier teams in the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLS, NCAA and more.
In this role, you will lead a team of Sports Scientists responsible for installing hardware and software for new clients and supporting existing Catapult clients around the country.
Our Manager will also work closely with the team of regional Business Development Manager’s and be a self-motivated individual capable of making decisions in the best interests of Catapult and its clients – while also delivering impeccable customer service. You will be compensated competitively, and incentivized based on client retention, contract renewals and new sales. You’ll be the frontline voice for Catapult in the region, and the standard to which our product performance is measured.
- Recruit, hire and manage the team of Sports Scientist with superior leadership skills and provide training when necessary
- Lead the research initiatives to develop and improve the Sports Scientist process and procedures
- Creates key performance metrics for each Sport Scientists and provides visibility for the management team
- Assist the Sports Performance Managers in running demonstrations of the Catapult System to Elite clients.
- Manage installation of the Catapult system – from the OptimEye wearable athlete tracking hardware, to the OpenField analytics software platform.
- Create and implement ongoing knowledge-based training for Sport Scientists
- Works closely with other cross functional leaders to ensure a positive customer experience that translates into high customer retention
- Provide training and interpretation of Catapult data for client use.
- Customer service initiatives, follow-up calls, visits, emails and communication central to creating a great customer experience.
- Effective account management and monitoring of client health to assist with retention and renewals.
- Capture market feedback and communicate this to the product and sales teams.
- Hands-on training for all clients and potential clients.
- Representing Catapult at industry trade shows and global events, as needed.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Apply for this job
- At least 4 years of recent management experience of Sports Scientists or Performance Coaches
- At least 6 years of total experience in account management and customer service initiatives in the sports industry
- Experience as a NCAA athlete or coach highly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of sports science or similar, with a passion for making a difference in the lives of elite athletes and coaches.
- Ability to travel 50–60% of the time, and work weekends and off-hours when required
- Able to perform high quality, scientifically-driven presentations in the field of athlete performance. Your audience will be strength and conditioning and performance coaches from some of the most respected US sporting institutions.
- Understanding of many sports and can communicate with coaches.
- Able to communicate with variation in performance training, strength and conditioning, tactical skill training, rehabilitation.
- Adaptable, and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment