Synergy Sports Technology, named by Fast Company as one of the world’s top 10 most innovative companies in sports, seeks a talented engineer/architect to join our team on a contracting basis. This position offers a tremendous opportunity to work with the only company that delivers on-demand professional-level basketball and baseball analytics linked to supporting video to nearly 1500 college, professional, and international teams. Our systems are highly complex and contains petabytes of data and video requiring extremely talented engineers to maintain scale and efficiency of its products.
What you can expect:
As a member of the Synergy team, its engineering team will contribute to the ongoing development of Synergy’s revolutionary online sports data and video delivery solutions. Building applications such as:
- Client Analytic Tools
- Video Editing and Capture Tools
- Data Logging Tools
- Operational Game, Data and Video Pipeline Tools
- Backend Data and Video Platforms
Synergy’s work environment is geographically distributed, with employees working from home offices. The successful candidate must be comfortable working in a virtual office using online collaboration tools for all communication and interaction in conversational English. Synergy development staff work in a deadline-oriented, demanding, non-standard environment in which personal initiative and a strong work ethic are rewarded. Good communication skills, self-motivation, and the ability to work effectively with minimal supervision are crucial. Nonstandard working hours may be required, as Synergy operates on a 24×7 system for clients, with associated deadlines and requirements. Pay rate is dependent on experience.
A full-time, fully remote position with a highly flexible work schedule.
We’re looking for a Software Product Manager to be responsible for the strategy, roadmap and future development of one of Synergy Sports Technology’s many products, which includes a Video Editor, Video Analytics, and Video Management tools.
The SPM is considered the inhouse product expert for their product. A key aspect of the role is bridging between the customer domain and the technical domain. This involves having a deep understanding of how customers use the product, how to provide new value to a broad range of customers and potential customers, and how those requirements should be turned into product features by the technical teams. Performing this exercise requires domain knowledge – being able to converse with the customer in their own language and understand their challenges – and to be able to explain in clear terms to a technical product owner how best to provide product functions that meet the customer need.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Gain and understanding of customer workflows and product usage and leverage this knowledge to envision product direction.
- Define the future product state that addresses customer needs and aligns with our corporate strategies.
- Work with under the direction of Senior Management to develop development plans for assigned products, including product pricing, product positioning, value proposition, forecasting etc.
- Drive the implementation of the overall product direction, strategy, and requirements to fuel user growth and product evolutions.
- Analyze and evaluate complementary and competitive products, technologies, and solutions and maintain a product competitive advantage.
- Conduct user research to gain a deep understanding of user needs
- Maintain a deep understanding of competitive offerings and how they impact consumer choices and preferences, and how they should influence the product.
- Work with Engineering to identify solutions and create specifications to be developed.
- Work with Engineering to define and solidify roadmap decisions that deliver quality products and prioritize appropriate trade-offs between user engagement, features, and revenue.
- Support product launch, marketing and sales efforts by acting as a product expert.
- Closely collaborate with engineering to deliver a best-in-class user experience.
- Define product success metrics and analyze product performance by driving product adoption.
- General marketing activities and strategies as requested/appropriate.
- Partner with sales teams and provide necessary support to ensure sales success.
- Develop product messaging and positioning that is differentiated and motivates purchase.
Apply for this job
- Proven success as a Product Manager in launching complex technology products
- Experience in effectively managing products through key stages of the product lifecycle
- Strong product documentation skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities independently and productively in an unstructured environment
- Highly driven self-starter, motivated, with excellent communication and organization skills
- Highly adept at developing creative solutions to solving customer problems
- Proven ability to use problem solving and analytical skills to build fact-based business cases.
- Collaborate, influence and direct with internal/external customers and/or business colleagues
- Exceptional verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communications skills with both technical and non-technical audiences, small and large
- Project management expertise preferred, but not required.
- Software development experience preferred, but not required.
- Passionate about Sports
- Software Product Management required
- 5 + years’ experience