Our mission is to power the future of fan engagement.
Simplebet is a B2B product development company using machine learning and real-time technology to make every moment of every sporting event a betting opportunity.
Simplebet is looking for a backend developer with Elixir experience to join our growing Games Platform team. In this role, you will help the Games Platform team grow our direct-to-consumer product offerings in a challenging domain. Our platform must be resilient, fast, and able to handle large spikes in traffic with ease. The team leverages Elixir, RabbitMQ, and websockets extensively to accomplish this, as well as LiveView for internal tooling.
You will be joining a small, cohesive team with more than a decade combined of production experience with Elixir at scale. Several engineers are core contributors to many Erlang/Elixir ecosystem projects; open source is valued and supported at Simplebet. We iterate to the best solution, deliver customer value to production every day, and look for opportunities to level each other up.
Apply for this job
- Knowledge of functional programming, data structures, and algorithms
- Experience with Elixir or Erlang and OTP
- 1-3+ years of experience shipping and operating software in production
- B.S. or B.A. in Computer Science, Math or equivalent experience
- Ability to overlap 6+ hours with East Coast and Mountain time work hours
- Experience building data-intensive applications is a bonus
- Knowledge of distributed systems principles is a bonus
We'll trust you to
Collaborate with a team of talented product analysts, engineers, and designers to build world-class sports entertainment products
- Implement new features and services using Elixir, Phoenix, and RabbitMQ
- Write code iteratively with observability, performance, and stability in mind
- Shepherd code through to production using our CI/CD platform and observability tools
- Use an appropriate mix of unit, property, and manual testing to verify your code meets requirements and is bug-free
- Be proactive, ask questions, and ensure understanding of requirements
- Think before writing code and ask for help when you need it
What we offer
Competitive salary, vacation, and equity commensurate to experience
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Opportunities and encouragement to attend or speak at conferences, as well as contribute to open source in the BEAM ecosystem