Our R&D squad is looking for an senior Software Engineer in our London office to help support our mission to disrupt Hudl with intelligent products that power insight and automation.
We’re a small team of scientifically-minded people who are experimenting with emerging technologies, especially in the machine learning space, to attack the hardest problems and biggest opportunities we can find at Hudl. For the next year or two, we expect these problems to be centred around generating data automatically through techniques like player tracking and event detection.
You will be working with our data scientists on a daily basis, around these key areas:
- Collection and management of data for training and testing algorithms
- Infrastructure to support rapid algorithm experimentation
- Building tools to help visualise and troubleshoot algorithm performance
R&D is a constantly changing environment where you will get to make an impact across a number of different projects. You and your squad will typically be working in this style:
- Love learning by doing
- Enjoy testing an idea with a low-fi prototype
- Be versatile and adaptable in a fast changing environment
- Enjoy openly discussing their ideas and offering feedback on others
- Experience of hands-on, full stack engineering of highly robust and scalable systems.
- Understand that problem solving is a team effort and will help others in our Engineering Team learn and develop.
- Translate real-world problems into elegant code solutions.
- Understand the balancing act between crafting a robust, lasting solution and getting work done.
- Are excited to have your work used by real people to solve real problems.
- Believe culture matters more than anything else.
- A team of engineers, designers, marketers, and former athletes who love sports and tech.
- Have a profitable, kick-ass product that is changing coaches’ and athletes’ lives globally.
- Are fans of rapid iteration.
- Are as passionate about winning as the coaches we serve.
- Treat you like an adult. We will trust you to get the work done and take a break when you need it. Use your unlimited vacation when and how you want, including extended parental leave for both moms and dads.
- Give you what you need. We will supply the environment and tools for success, allowing you to focus on professional growth and career development.
- Challenge you. We promise you'll be surrounded by people equally committed to the company's success.
Diversity at Hudl
Hudl is an equal opportunity employer and we know the power of a diverse lineup that celebrates differences and champions inclusion. Apply for this job