is looking for a
SOFTWARE ENGINEER (Node.js) (UK 1234)
· Department: Software Development
· Job Title: Software Engineer (Node.js) (UK 1234)
· Reports To (title): Software Engineering Manager
· Career Level: CL 3
· Country and Location: Hammersmith, West London
· Hours of Work: 37.5
· Line Management Responsibility: No
HERE’S YOUR ROLE BROKEN DOWN (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
The Node.js Developer will be responsible for the development and delivery of the backend API of our DAZN product, developing new features and launching new platforms. A successful candidate will have a proven ability in delivering highly scalable backend applications, a desire to work in a fast paced, Agile software development environment and a passion for building a world class product.
DAZN are going to change the way people watch sports forever, by putting the consumer first, providing more sport, no ads, no long contract and a single low monthly fee. As part of the DAZN tech team, you will play a lead role in this by designing and building world leading streaming services across web, mobile and TV platforms, working on new feature releases and evolving the next phase of our application framework. With a rapidly expanding company; growth within the team and opportunities to lead engineering initiatives are abundant. We need people who want to help us build a strong engineering culture and a fun, vibrant workplace.
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
· Build and maintain scalable microservices
· Collaborate with Product Managers, and other Software Engineers to deliver a compelling user experience
· Deliver maintainable, robust and testable code
· Share knowledge and collaborate with other developers across the business
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD THESE DESIRABLES TOO
· Experience with Node.js
· Experience with AWS
· Experience with infrastructure and deployment automation
· Worked on large scale web applications
· Leverages and contributes to open source
HERE’S A LITTLE MORE ABOUT US
At DAZN we consider ourselves a progressive, brave, dynamic, fun and fast-paced global sports media streaming company. We have a strong team with experts from Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, Prime Video, BBC iPlayer, YouView and Now TV.
DAZN allows fans to watch their sport, their way. With access to the world’s best sports, fans can watch their favourite teams, leagues and players anytime, anywhere, for one simple, affordable price and with no long-term contract. DAZN features the widest array of live, on-demand and original sports content ever offered on one platform.
DAZN is currently available in US, Canada, Germany, Japan, Italy, Switzerland and Austria on most connected devices including Smart TVs, smartphones, tablets and games consoles.
Find out more at http://media.dazn.com
UK BENEFITS INCLUDE…
25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), single cover Aviva Private medical insurance*, Life Assurance (4x annual salary), matching pension contributions up to 5%, Travel Loan, Cycle to Work Scheme* and more.
And there’s more…… you’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professionaldevelopment. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
Perks, (may vary according to your office location)
• High End Laptops (Mac or PC)
• Charity events
• Hosted meetups
• Budget to attend events & conferences
• Free Coffee/Tea/Milk/Cereals & Fruit
• Free Access to Safari Ebooks
• Yoga & Meditation Classes
• Multi-Faith Room
• Social Events
• Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
• Life & Disability Coverage
*Please Note - some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.
Primary Location: United Kingdom
Job :Software Development
Employee Status :RegularApply for this job