Fanatics is the ultimate one-stop sports fan destination that ignites and harnesses the passion of fans and maximizes the presence and reach for preeminent sports partners globally. Leveraging long-standing, often exclusive relationships with more than 900 sports properties, a database of more than 90 million consumers worldwide and a trusted brand name, Fanatics is furthering its innovation across the sports landscape by building the leading global digital sports platform, complete with offerings including e-commerce and licensed merchandise, physical and digital trading cards and collectibles, and online sports betting and iGaming.
The Fanatics family of companies currently includes Fanatics Commerce, a vertically-integrated licensed merchandise business that has changed the way fans purchase their favorite team apparel, jerseys, headwear and hardgoods through a tech-infused approach to making and quickly distributing fan gear in today’s 24/7 mobile-first economy; Fanatics Collectibles, a transformative company that is building a new model for the hobby and giving collectors an end-to-end physical and digital collectibles experience; and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, a mobile betting, gaming and retail sportsbook platform.
As a market leader with more than 10,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
At Fanatics, we’re a diverse, passionate group of employees aiming to ignite pride and passion in the fans we outfit, celebrate and support. We recognize that diversity helps drive and foster innovation, and through our IDEA program (inclusion, diversity, equality and advocacy) at Fanatics we provide employees with tools and resources to feel connected and engaged in who they are and what they do to support the ultimate fan experience.
As a Software Engineer III, Back End at Fanatics Betting & Gaming (FBG), you will be a key contributor to our Growth Organization and span all teams in the space including Acquisition, Engagement + Retention, and Loyalty. This role involves close collaboration with our design, product, marketing, and other engineering teams to define and deliver product features and experiments that delight our customers and to drive key business outcomes.
● You will work closely with our internal and external development teams to deliver a stable and reliable application inline with our product roadmap and schedule.
● You will evaluate new technologies and open sources to recommend improvements for applications, services and systems.
● Cultural and technical champion: Improves and champions our best practices and strives to make Fanatics a better place to work as an engineer
● Build highly scalable and fault tolerant systems in a highly regulated production environment.
● Leads discovery, design and architects solutions for complex projects.
● Understand business outcomes and drive technical solutions to help achieve our goals.
● Develop a fundamental understanding of our product, feature set and roadmap, and work closely with the product to make the right technology decisions to enable the team for streamlined growth and future development.
● Partnering with cross-functional peers (PM, Design, DevOps, Security, Front-end engineers)
● Must be open to occasional travel to Fanatics Betting & Gaming offices and other locations for conferences, events, meetings, and team building activities
● We value aptitude over experience but here are some key skills that will make you successful on this team:
● 5+ years of OO development experience (Java strongly preferred)
● Experience with Spring Boot Microservices framework, and JPA is strongly preferred
● Familiar with web-related technologies (e.g. HTTP, REST, TCP / IP).
● Familiar with version control tools (e.g. Git, SVN).
● Familiar with UML, OOP, and design patterns.
● Familiar with AWS services and/or GCP.
● Familiar with distributed caching and message-oriented middleware.
● Have experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
● Experience running experiments, A/B testing and optimizing for business outcomes.
● Ability to triage and debug system-wide production issues.
● Familiarity with: highly available distributed systems, event-driven architecture, complex 3rd party integrations.
● Passionate about working in a highly collaborative team environment
If you possess some of these skills but not all of them, we still encourage you to apply!undefined
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Feel free to ask your recruiter for a phone call or other type of communication for interview, and ensure your communication is coming from a Fanatics or Fanatics Brand email address (this includes @betfanatics.com). For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS/APPLICANTS
: In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we collect include your name, government issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information.
See more jobs at Fanatics
Our salary intelligence calculated a range for this position between $120,000 - $140,000.Apply for this job