As a Senior Unity Developer you will work with the team to contribute across all aspects of development. Strong candidates will have a deep understanding of systems implementation, and be able to take responsibility for architecture decisions that will impact the future of the product. The ideal candidate will possess a deep understanding of both mobile and non-mobile development, including networking, code architecture, and best practices. You will have the freedom to build the ideal development team to reach the high standards we set out for our products.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Proactive and detail oriented. Does not think in problems but in solutions
- Ability to work within a schedule in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Self-managed, self-motivated, enthusiastic, and passionate
- Punctual, reliable and treats others with respect. Team player
- Create clean, efficient, and well documented solutions for use across multiple projects
- Establish and manage the software architecture and coding standards to be best in class
- Help project manager estimate work, make effective tool choices and process improvements, and identify and mitigate project risks
- Keep up to date on industry trends in VR, platforms, and middleware technologies - strengths & weaknesses, integration, and customization through plug-ins and tools
- Expert level of understanding of C# and development with Unity
- BSc or MSc in computer science, software engineering or equivalent formal qualification
- 3+ years of professional Unity development experience (outside of college)
- Experience in most aspects of game technology development: animation, physics, gameplay, UI/UX, audio/video, AI, networking, and tools.
- Experience in debugging, targeting and optimizing across multiple VR/AR systems such as Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, PlayStation VR, GearVR and Google Daydream
- Expertise in developing software platforms designed for long-term evolution and innovation
- Solid understanding of version control systems and corresponding tools (such as Git and GitLab)
- Experience with project management tools and techniques (Agile / Scrum, Jira / Trello, etc.)
- Able to think creatively to resolve technical challenges and limitations
- Familiarity with build tools, such as Gulp, Webpack or Rollup
- Proficiency in code versioning tools, such as Git
- 5+ years of professional Unity development experience (outside of college)
- Deeper knowledge in Character Animation and UI/UX
- Published VR titles/applications
- Ability to extend game engine editor environment with customized enhancements
- Experience with Maya and other 3D content creation tools, ability to understand and communicate asset budgets and best practices
- A competitive salary
- 25 holidays per annum
- A lunch program and pension program
- Company Gym card
- Fresh fruit and beverages and Friday afternoon drinks
- Bi-monthly team outings
- Play FIFA, Smash Bros. or a game of basketball in real-life
- A brand-new office to work in (for impression, check our website)!
Apply for this job
How to apply for this role?
To apply for this job, please send your CV and a motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.