To fulfil that, we are looking for a product driven Senior Ruby Developer to join our current 7 Ruby developers, and work in a cross functional agile team setup consisting of Android developers, iOS developers, designers, product managers, researchers and scrum masters. As a Senior Ruby developer you own a vital element of our system. You drive the implementation of features of different complexities and ensure they contribute to a great user experience. You bring a strong opinion to the table and are excited to get involved with product planning. Also, you enjoy sharing knowledge and foster a collaborative environment to make an impact.
You can read here what our engineering team is writing about to get an idea about us
- Actively contribute to architecture solutions or best practices
- Identify performance bottlenecks, challenge opinions and propose solutions, including the development of caching strategies and proof-of-concepts for new architecture solutions
- Ship code to million of users
- Develop and implement unit testing strategy to drive code quality
- Work with the DevOps team on automated deployment and monitoring using Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Share knowledge with the team and help whenever a team member tackles a problem.
- Experience building web applications that are serving APIs
- Experience in developing applications using Ruby, and Rails frameworks
- Very good communication skills and comfortable working in an agile, cross-functional, and autonomous team environment
- Experienced using Github as a collaboration tool with an engineering team
- Experience in testing methodologies, e.g. RSpec or any other approach
- Exposure to cloud services (ideally AWS), and infrastructure as code tool, e.g. Terraform
- Hands-on approach with CI/CD
- Advocate for clean and performance-driven code
- Team player, strong collaborator and happy sharing knowledge with the engineering team
Apply for this job
- Competitive salary and pension, with regular compensation reviews
- Holistic benefits program which includes;
- Individualized benefits with a annual budget of 840€ and 12 benefits to choose from (e.g. Bike leasing/renting, public transport allowance, language courses, etc)
- General benefits like Mental well-being support via Nilo health, free Freeletics coach memberships for family/friends, and many more.
- Your choice of the latest Macbook Pro or Microsoft Surface Laptop in a life cycle model
- Conference, education, and book budget
- Bi-annual in-house hackathons
- Free food and drinks in a fully equipped kitchen
- Training space, lockers, showers, and laundry service
- 27 vacation days and 13 public holidays
- Home office policy
- The option to take a sabbatical after your second year
- Relocation allowance
- Company and team events (hiking, holiday party, offsites, and many more) - only remote during COVID