MyFitnessPal™ is the #1 nutrition and fitness app. Over 200 million people worldwide use MyFitnessPal to support them on their nutrition, health and wellness journey. The MyFitnessPal Creative Team drives MyFitnessPal’s brand look and feel across all consumer touchpoints. We collaborate closely with designers, copywriters, marketers, product managers, developers, and project managers to envision, design, and create a positive brand experience. We are passionate about telling the MyFitnessPal story in order to help more people reach their nutrition, health and wellness goals.
What you’ll be doing:
As the Senior Designer in Marketing, you will lead design for all things brand. This role helps to build brand awareness through engaging, elevated and disruptive design while promoting products and services that contribute to a healthy lifestyle for MyFitnessPal users. The Senior Designer will concept and design branding and marketing assets for all marketing initiatives, internal and external. This includes, but is not limited to, the development of brand assets like emails, blog posts, digital banners and ads, organic social, paid social, direct mail, and web. The designer will work closely with multiple stakeholders and departments to execute a diverse range of projects. You have a strong aesthetic point of view and exceptional typography skills. You are also able to concept ideas for different projects and visually communicate a complex value proposition cleanly and drive action and conversion. You are a self-starter and work well collaborating in a fast-paced environment. You have an eye for detail and are assertive in implementing consistency across all designs. This position reports to the Brand Creative Director and also works closely with the Digital Product team.
- Contribute to inbound and growth marketing, including new user conversion through landing experiences, targeted lifecycle email campaigns, performance marketing, direct mail communications, blog content, and social assets.
- Advocate for customers and integrate user research in the design process.
- Lead projects, including defining deliverables and meeting timelines. Demonstrate design expertise and knowledge of best practices. Excellent communication, and presentation skills.
- Responsible for helping to drive concepts, designs, and implementation of beautifully crafted graphic elements.
- Translate concepts into simple and elegant experiences that satisfy both business and user needs.
- Implement the new brand look and feel across all marketing platforms/channels adhering to brand guidelines for consistency.
- Create strategic native content that promotes across MyFitnessPal’s marketing platforms/channels.
- Curate a library of stock photography and manipulate images in Photoshop.
- Consistently elevate and evolve refined visual design through the review cycle.
- Drive collaboration with design, marketing, and product teams to align design purpose to the roadmap.
- Lead concept ideation and design for mini campaigns while supporting the team with design guidance.
- Collaborate with other UX, UI and Product Managers on brainstorming and other ideations sessions
- Manage and organize creative assets and assist with the management and implementation of the DAM
- Live our core values in all you do:
- Be Kind and Care
- Live Good Health
- Be Data-Inspired
- Champion Change
- Leave it Better than You Found It
- Make It Happen
Qualifications to be successful in this role:
- 5+ years of experience as a marketing designer.
- A passion for pushing creative standards evident in a stellar digital portfolio.
- Previous experience designing for both Performance and Lifecycle Marketing strategies.
- Ability to refine and iterate on existing ads/campaigns by analyzing ad performance and member acquisition to improve ad performance. Excited about conversion oriented design.
- Experience with executing a design system across multiple platforms (iOS, Android, Web).
- Familiar with data and analytics and its relation to the overall marketing strategy.
- Confident presentation and pitching skills.
- Experience with Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, prototyping, and expert at adapting to a variety of software.
- Comfortable with all things digital product, UI/UX, wireframes, etc. Ability to view projects holistically and exercise superior planning skills.
- Eager to solicit feedback from real users and teammates and implement edits when needed.
- Passion for product and enthusiasm to work with dynamic, diverse cross-functional teams in an exciting work environment. Ability to mentor junior designers.
- Comfortable creating GIFs or animations. Knowledge of video editing apps is a plus.
- Attention to detail. Ability to ensure consistency across all assets
Note: To be considered, you must provide a link to an online portfolio (please include password).
Please consider applying even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications. Research shows you can still be considered for a position if you meet some of the requirements. At MyFitnessPal, we’re building a fitness product for everyone and believe our team should reflect that. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply.
Apply for this jobSee more jobs at MyFitnessPal
Full Time Employee Perks, Benefits, and Culture:
- Remote equal philosophy enabling you to work from any state in which we have operations in the continental U.S.
- Want to work in an office? We also have a physical office in Austin, TX
- Bi-annual, in-person company retreats to work, bond, and enjoy team-building activities
- Opportunities for team members to meet and connect in person for company paid lunches or working sessions
- Flexible time-off policy + flexible working hours (Unlimited PTO Plan)
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Safe Harbor 401K program
- Supported path in parenthood with fertility benefits and paid maternity and parental leave
- Monthly Wellness Allowance to assist team members to focus on their own physical and mental wellbeing and select wellness initiatives of their own choice
- Reward & recognition platform enabling peers to recognize and reward their peers for all the great work they do
- MyFitnessPal Premium
- Modern Virtual Learning and Development Library
- DEI Committee dedicated to ongoing efforts to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace by setting actionable goals and evaluating progress
- Diversity training for employees
- A dynamic, motivating, and fun work environment
At MyFitnessPal, our mission is to enable people to make healthy choices. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding ideologies and apply across all aspects of employment.
MyFitnessPal participates in E-Verify.