is looking for a
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Climax Studios was established nearly 30 years ago, we have an extensive history in developing all kinds of digital experiences across all formats, and we have won multiple awards along the way.
We have a state of the art studio located in the heart of the beautiful Gunwharf Quays in Portsmouth overlooking the Harbour.You take your creativity seriously and games should be what get you fired up and passionate. At Climax we embrace those who see things in a different way and aren’t afraid to try-out new things and push themselves out of their comfort zones.
We are seeking an experienced fully remote Senior Level Designer, with proven level design skills & experience working on Console titles as a senior, to join our award-winning team.This is an exciting opportunity to work on a AAA IP where you will be responsible for creating and owning major immersive environments for the game within the Level Design Team from start to finish. This is a great opportunity to work with a team of passionate and experienced designers on a AAA project for a 1st party publisher.
· Experience working as a Senior Level Designer on at least two published console titles.
· A strong grasp of level flow, metrics & pacing.
· A good visual eye for scene setting, sight lines, vistas and areas of interest.
· Proven experience working within Unreal Engine 4 or 5, as well as with Blueprinting.
· Experience of greyboxing levels to a professional standard.
· Experience in scripting gameplay content in levels such as events, interactions and encounters.
· Experience with enemy placement/spawn points.
· Excellent communication skills to collaborate with a creative & multidisciplinary team.
· Level design experience for third person action games is a benefit.
· Enjoys a creative challenge with the passion and motivation to make great games.
· Build and maintain documentation for all owned environments
· Design and build large, immersive levels that create memorable gameplay experiences.
· Keep to project vision for best practices, methodologies used and quality benchmark.
· As part of level reviews, able to provide constructive critique and solutions.
· Regularly play the game and provide suggestions and feedback in a clear and constructive manner.
· Able to understand and action the narrative and gameplay ambitions for the levels.
· Ability to self-motivate as-well-as work well as part of a team.