Alma is on a mission to simplify access to high-quality, affordable mental health care. We do this by making it easy and financially rewarding for therapists to accept insurance and offer in-network care. When a provider joins Alma, they gain access to a suite of tools that not only help them better run their business, but also grow it sustainably and develop as a provider. Alma is available in all 50 states, with over 11,000 therapists in our growing network. Anyone looking for a therapist can browse Alma’s free directory. Alma has raised $220.5M in funding from Insight Partners, Optum Ventures, Tusk Venture Partners, Primary Venture Partners, Sound Ventures, BoxGroup, Cigna Ventures, and Rainfall Ventures. Alma was also named one of Inc’s Best Workplaces in 2022.
Senior HRBP, Business Operations
We are looking for a people-first and experienced Senior Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) to provide guidance and help foster an engaging environment for Alma’s Business Operations exempt and non-exempt teams. You will have both administrative and strategic initiatives, helping us to develop, plan, and administer critical functions such as recruiting and hiring, compensation and benefits, performance management, and company policies and practices.
As an early hire on the People team at Alma, you will be pivotal in helping to create an inclusive culture and drive processes that make Alma the best workplace in the world for talented, mission-driven humans. You will partner with our HRBPs to drive better consistency in People programming across all teams. You will report directly to the Director of People & Culture.
What you’ll do:
- Partner closely with leadership across Customer Experience, Insurance Operations, Customer Enablement, Member Success, Clinical Operations, and Onboarding to ensure consistency and thoughtfulness in all aspects of our employee experience.
- Lead development and execution of People & Culture procedures and policies, providing guidance and interpretation for business operations.
- Serve as a strategic business partner and consultant to business leaders, anticipating needs for change, recommending solutions, and influencing sustainable resolutions and change.
- Develop People & Culture objectives and systems, including metrics, queries, and standard reports for ongoing company requirements.
- Work with the People & Culture Team to help administer benefits, compensation, and employee performance programs.
- Suggest new procedures and policies to continually improve the efficiency of the People & Culture department and the organization as a whole.
- Bring expertise in HR practices and compliance in multiple states to direct a large exempt and non-exempt workforce.
- Participate in the recruiting process, from interviewing, facilitating the hiring of new team members for open positions, and collaborating with managers to understand skills and competencies required for open positions across our Operations team.
- Handle administrative tasks for onboarding, new hire orientation, and exit interviews, including entering data into our HRIS for accuracy and compliance.
- Provide an effective and dedicated HR advisory service to employees in relation to absence and health issues, conduct and capability, grievance matters, organizational change, and all other employee-relations matters.
- Provide appropriate coaching and development feedback to managers and employees
- Ensure legal compliance with HR state and federal regulations and applicable employment laws, and update policies and procedures as required.
Who you are:
- You have 6+ years of Human Resources experience and working cross-functionally with all areas of Human Resources teams.
- You have 2-3 years of HRBP experience supporting Business Operations teams.
- You have 3-5 years of HRBP experience supporting a large, non-exempt workforce.
- You are a self-starter with a creative mind and a track record of putting ideas into practice and assessing key results.
- You have the ability to influence change, as well as effectively direct change management initiatives.
- You have natural interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict-resolution skills and possess the ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- You have a human-first mindset and can help drive a positive culture throughout the workforce.
- You are knowledgeable, resourceful, and genuinely curious to stay up to date on the most recent HR business trends, laws, and regulations.
- You are passionate about Alma’s mission to simplify access to high-quality, affordable mental health care.
- We’re a remote-first company
- Health insurance plans through Cigna (medical and dental) and MetLife (vision), including FSA & HSA plans
- 401k plan (Roth and traditional)
- Free Alma platform access
- Monthly therapy and wellness stipends
- Monthly co-working space membership stipend
- Monthly work-from-home stipend to power your wifi, lunches, coffee, etc
- Pet discount program through United Pet Care
- Financial perks and rewards through BenefitHub
- Free EAP access through LifeWorks
- One-time home office stipend to set up your home office
- Comprehensive parental leave plans
- 9 paid holidays, 1 Alma Mental Health Day, and 1 Alma Volunteering Day
- Unlimited PTO
Salary Band: $125,000 - $160,000
Alma’s compensation philosophy is driven by our company value of building equity. To best ensure pay equity, we typically bring in new hires near the middle of our listed salary bands and we do not negotiate our compensation (i.e. all people hired at the same level & role are brought in at the same salary, equity, and benefits). The recruiter you work with can provide more details on our philosophy.
All Alma jobs are listed on our careers page. We do not use outside applications or automated text messaging in our recruiting process. We will not ask for any sensitive financial or identification information throughout the recruiting process. Any communication during the recruitment process, including interview requests or job offers, will come directly from a recruiting team member with a helloalma.com email address.See more jobs at Alma