We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our growing Engineering team.
You should have a strong understanding of backend systems supporting mobile and web applications, with an interest to design, implement, and deploy your own features. You will be working on a live game with hundreds of thousands of monthly active players. You’ll collaborate with engineers, product and game designers as well as product managers.
All our team members have a say in the shape of the product and you will attend weekly sprint meetings to discuss our roadmap and priorities. Things move quickly at Sorare as we work toward building a unique and category leading game!
You don’t need to be a football fan, a gaming addict or crypto-nerd to work with us. We're looking for engineers who like to get things done, work in a fast-paced environment at a hyper-growth company, take ownership and autonomy for their work, and expect to learn a lot along the way.
- Drive complex projects from inception to launch
- Work alongside Design, Mobile, and Product to execute on a roadmap focused on building the best product for our players
- Deploy new features and improvements to production
- Design and build toward optimal solutions to tough technical problems
- Instrument the code and monitor the health of our systems
- Care deeply about security, performance, and maintainability
- Technologies we currently use:
- Blockchain: Ethereum, Solidity, Starkware
- Languages: Ruby, Typescript to start; with more to come as we scale
- Frameworks: Rails, React, GraphQL
- Services: Algolia, PostgreSQL
- Platforms: AWS, Kubernetes, Docker
- Minimum of 4 years of professional experience in software engineering
- Hands-on knowledge with full-stack development
- Have production experience with datastores such as Dynamo, Postgres, ElasticSearch, and Redis
- Have production experience with frameworks such as React or Vue, as well as REST or GraphQL APIs
- Demonstrated technical initiative and leadership
- Independent, curious and highly motivated to explore novel solutions with a growing team in a challenging space
- Experience with agile development practices
- Willingness to learn other languages as needed
- Eager to learn and work in an environment with new technologies and paradigms
- Attention to detail: you strive for the high quality from top to bottom
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills
- Impact - You will have a meaningful impact from the start. We’re looking to hire talented, autonomous individuals who can bring their expertise to shape the game and company from the ground up
- Stock Options - We want all our employees to feel bought into the success of Sorare. Compensation packages include stock options in addition to your annual salary
- Health Care - We offer a fully subsidized health care plan
- Gym Membership - We offer an annual gym membership to one of the best in Paris to help our employees prioritize their health and well-being
- Holidays - We offer 5 weeks of paid holidays per year, in addition to national holidays (between 7 and 11 days depending on the year)
- High-end Tech - We set each employee up with the tech needed to be productive in their role: a Macbook Pro, monitor with a full desk set up, and Bose or Airpod headphones
- Lunch Vouchers - Sorare will contribute to the cost of lunch via meal vouchers
- Relocation - Relocating employees will receive a robust relocation package to make the move easy and seamless
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to; race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Please note, we speak English in the studio, please apply for the role with an English CV so we can process your application.Apply for this job