SeatGeek believes live events are powerful experiences that unite humans. With our technological savvy and fan-first attitude we’re simplifying and modernizing the ticketing industry.
By catering to both consumers and enterprises, we’re powering a new, open entertainment ecosystem where fans have effortless access to experiences, and teams, venues, and shows have seamless access to their audiences. Because everyone should expect more from ticketing.
As the Senior Director of our Customer Experience (CX) team, you'll be a member of our Consumer business department, reporting to the VP of Consumer Strategy & Operations. By shaping our team into an industry-leading, world-class customer support organization, you'll make sure that SeatGeek not only hits its basic SLAs but also lives up to its mission – helping fans experience more live – and fulfills its ambition to become the most loved and trusted ticketing company in the U.S.
What you'll do
- Set goals and strategy for the whole customer support organization, and work with your team to execute and own team performance and project outcomes
- Manage multiple support verticals: Marketplace (B2C) buyer & seller support, Enterprise client (B2B) support, and Enterprise fan (B2B2C) support
- Deeply understand the CX team's resource plans, budgets, and cost structures, and – in partnership with the FP&A team – optimize accordingly in order to scale efficiently and have a predictable impact on the company P&L
- Oversee critical CX operations including QA, training, help center & knowledge base content, self-service, tools & software, workforce management, scheduling, reporting, and performance management
- Partner with senior Product and Engineering resources within SeatGeek to (a) solve major recurring customer issues, (b) improve the availability and effectiveness of self-service interfaces, and (c) make issues faster & easier for agents to handle
- Manage up and out to key internal stakeholders like our Presidents of Consumer and Enterprise business, our CEO and CFO, and senior peer stakeholders in departments like Marketing, Inventory, and Enterprise Program & Account Management
- Periodically interface with and present to external client stakeholders like Presidents and operators of professional sports teams and leagues
What you have
- 12 years of operational experience
- At least 6 years of experience managing CX teams
- Ideally managed and scaled a large, diverse, and distributed support team comprised of at least several hundreds of in-house and BPO (business process outsourcing) agents, managers, and ops staff
- Ideally worked in a consumer tech business with an excellent public reputation for customer service, especially one with multi-sided marketplace/stakeholder dynamics
- Presided over a complex, modern customer support stack, with best-in-class software and numerous contact channels (email, phone, chat, chatbot, SMS, social), workflows, and support tiers
- In addition to having great empathy and soft skills for relating to your customers and team members, you're also highly data-literate, proactively inquisitive, and skilled in your own right in analysis and the use of related tools (spreadsheets, BI reporting tools, maybe even SQL)
- Experience setting and exceeding goals and scoring high on key CX metrics covering customer satisfaction (CSAT, CES), service level (response times, etc), and agent productivity
- Been accountable for a departmental budget of $1M (or more) per month
- Superbly clear and persuasive communication skills. You listen well and understand partner needs, and in both written and verbal communication you are excellent at being concise, getting to first principles, using data to support your story, and explaining even the most arcane CX topics in easily accessible, layperson-friendly terms
- Equity stake
- Flexible work environment, allowing you to work as many days a week in the office as you’d like or 100% remotely
- A WFH stipend to support your home office setup
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 16 weeks of paid family leave
- 401(k) matching program
- Health, vision, dental, and life insurance
- Annual subscriptions to Headspace, Ginger.io, and One Medical
- $120 a month to spend on tickets to live events
- Annual subscription to Spotify, Apple Music, or Amazon music
SeatGeek is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, military or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. As an equal opportunities employer, we recognize that diversity is a positive attribute and we welcome the differences and benefits that a diverse culture brings. Come join us!
#LI-DNIApply for this jobSee more jobs at seatgeek