WHAT'S YOUR NEW ROLE ABOUT?
Do you want to facilitate and support Software Engineers to deliver a global product that is used by millions of users daily?
DAZN is one of the fasting growing OTT companies in the world and stream over 40 different sports, from more than 300 different leagues, in over 200 countries
Since we launched in 2016, we have streamed more than 600 million hours of content!
Tech stack: Python, Node.js, AWS, Terraform, GitHub, API integration, Docker, .Net, TypeScript, React, CSS, HTML5 (some UI experience to build UIs), Azure, Google Cloud, Kubernetes
- The Playback Engineering teams own the real time video processing workflows for DAZN. We get the video signal from the grounds and own it all the way to the distribution in the highest quality and reliability for our customers to watch the sports they love in real time.
- The team is spread across the world working together to source, process and deliver the best quality service using our dedicated global network, regional sites and public cloud. We take strong ownership, the buck stops with us and we are passionate to get give our viewers the best possible experience. The end viewer is everything.
- Within the team, there are specialist smaller teams with subject matter knowledge experts working closely with the DAZN architecture team to implement the long term goals and with the Operations teams who are at the at the front of the pack running the events 24/7.
- As the video processing workflows continue to embrace cloud technologies, we want to enrich the skillset to compliment the video and broadcast experts.
- Across the company, we have some of the brightest and most knowledgeable people in the field whom you will work with and learn from.
AS OUR NEW SENIOR DEVOPS ENGINEER, YOU’LL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO:
- Take the role of coach of a 3-4-person team. Co-ordinating and contributing to the development activity.
- Work closely with the Playback Engineering teams to automate and orchestrate our workflows.
- The role’s focus will be somewhere between Dev Ops and Solution Development with solutions ranging from point fix solutions to large orchestrations.
- Integrate with the many DAZN systems and external systems and cloud providers to realise our growth ambitions effectively and reliably.
- Provide well written, supportable and transferable code. The team will work within our existing teams, creating solutions which will be owned by all the teams and knowledge will be shared.
- Supporting solutions once they go live via hyper care during the early life, then migrating to emergency escalation if required.
YOU’LL BE SET UP FOR SUCCESS IF YOU HAVE:
- You will have strong, demonstrable experience of AWS and scripting deployments automatically. AWS Certification to Associate level.
- Demonstrable Python or other scripting appropriate language skills.
- Be self-driven to learn new skills, new technologies and operations. You may not know some of the broadcast technologies we use yet, but we’ll teach you our specific areas drawing from the subject matter experts within the team.
- You have experience of working in a team that owns or works on a business-critical service, tool or product
- Experience of working with APIs in a variety of protocols to interface with the wide range of systems in use – e.g. SOAP, REST, SNMP
- You have experience of working in an agile process where engineers are invested in continuous improvement, both of the process and the code base.
EVEN BETTER IF YOU HAVE:
Apply for this jobSee more jobs at DAZN
- Broadcasting and broadcast operational experience.
- Broadcast technology experience including Transport Streams, MPEG, Broadcast File Formats, Streaming video workflows, Reliable Transport Protocols and Software.
- Even better if you are familiar with some of the industry standards such as SMPTE 2022, SMPTE 2110, DVB, HLS, MPEG DASH, DPP.