We are Mythical Games. A venture-backed next-generation game technology company at the intersection of video games and economics led by industry veterans. Our goal is to lead the industry with the launch of exceptional video game experiences that leverage distributed ledger technology, while also providing a platform of robust tools that will allow any other game developers to do the same.
At Mythical Games, we are ‘People First’. We believe that it takes great people and culture to make great products and services. We show Empathy and respect, empowering our people to live their lives and do the best work of their careers. We give our employees the freedom and support they need to own and deliver truly exceptional work.
We are actively seeking a Development Director to join our growing technology team, working to build best-in-class blockchain, marketplace and developer products to seamlessly allow game studios to integrate player-owned economies inside their games. This is a fully remote position that reports to our VP of Technology Operations.
This role at Mythical Games presents an opportunity for a technical and data-informed delivery manager to take their career to the next level by joining the most exciting company at the intersection of Gaming, E-commerce, and Blockchain. You will own the delivery of a critical subsystem in Mythical’s industry leading blockchain SDK, Platform or Marketplace, used by studios to build the next generation of games.
- Drive the development of the engineering roadmap by distilling requirements into work packages, tracking development progress, helping facilitate ceremonies, and measuring the team’s performance.
- Help develop, maintain and improve the product / engineering workflow
- Identify and organize resolution of dependencies, blockers, or risks to launching new features or SDKs to support our growing number of games
- Track the progress of the team’s deliverables and provide regular status reporting and delivery plan updates and provide regular updates to stakeholders on progress
- Bridge the understanding gap between technical and non-technical employees by assisting in documenting and diagramming our system components and planned development
- Solidify our roadmap planning and estimating, by understanding and considering the team’s velocity, capacity, and capability.
- Effectively collaborate and work closely with QA to ensure that all work is thoroughly tested
- Promote a continuous delivery mindset and partner with a product manager to define appropriate phasing for shipping of big industry-first features
- Initiate and grow a team of delivery managers to supercharge our engineering delivery process and cadences throughout the company
- Thoroughly document decisions, processes, and other important information, and be responsible for the distribution and change management
- Several years of experience in working with backend focused Software Engineering teams as Development Director, Technical Program Manager or similar
- Experience applying Agile, Kanban, Scrum, or Lean development processes and practices at scale in a SaaS or GaaS environment
- Is an experienced and fearless change agent and agile coach with a people-first attitude
- Deep knowledge of JIRA or similar with a focus on advanced roadmaps, capacity management, project structures, and cross-team dependencies
- Thorough understanding of SDK, APIs and microservices architectures
- Has experience with data visualization and drawing architecture, sequence and UML diagrams
- Working knowledge of databases and SQL
- Can effectively and succinctly communicate complex technical concepts to a non-technical audience
Highly Preferred, if:
- Working knowledge of the mechanics of ERC721, ERC-20 and ERC-1155 token standards
- Agile or project management certification, such as Scrum, SAFe, PMP, or similar
- Witnessed and experienced hyper-growth in previous assignments
- Direct experience of Solidity and one other programming language (Java, Go, Python…)
- Direct work or project experience in blockchain and SDK developer products
- Experience in working in globally distributed remote teams
- Has a background in software development (link to portfolio)
Our team values diversity and believes that it strengthens our games, products, and communities. We strongly encourage POC, folks with disabilities, those belonging to the LGBTQIA+ communities, and folks across all gender identities to apply.
If you need assistance around accommodations due to a disability, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll be with you as soon as possible; our goal is to ensure an accessible and equitable interview process for everyone.Apply for this jobSee more jobs at Mythical Games