FanAI is looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to help build our latest product offering from scratch. We are disrupting the sports sponsorship world by connecting fans of sports teams to their real-world purchase behavior. The datasets are large and the complexity is high. We aim to create the world’s largest graph database of sports fans, slicing and dicing various segments of fans for brands to understand the return on their sponsorship - do people actually purchase more of their product?
You will be working with a small team of developers, designers, and data scientists to take a complex set of billions of data points and serve it on the web in a simple to use interface. A typical day at FanAI may include:
* Building a schema for a distributed Graph Database capable of querying trillions of edges in a performant manner
* Designing and building Python APIs for a front-end engineer to consume on the client application
* Standing up an OLAP style database capable of real-time aggregation across hundreds of dimensions and billions of rows
* Chatting over a virtual coffee with the rest of the company to get to know each other
* Writing technical specifications for an API integration with a potential data partner
* Working with our Head of Data and Analytics to implement various types of predictive analytics into the platform
Our values matter to us and we live them every day. You’ll fit well in this role if you are:
Disruptive: You take chances and forge your own path when necessary. Just because “it’s done that way” doesn’t mean we have to do it that way. Make a case for a new way of doing something and we’ll be on board.
Unified: We teach each other skills and stick together. We’re fully remote but we’re always willing to help on a code review or give a presentation to the sales team on what a graph database is.
Honest: Our data doesn’t lie and neither do we. Our feedback to each other is honest but never cruel. We’re here to make each other better.
Fearless: We don’t always know how we’re going to accomplish something, but that’s what is exciting. Building things from scratch means you have to take risks.
Qualifications like “years of experience” or “degrees” don’t matter to us as much as your current skills, attitude, and ability to grow with us. The following skill sets are extremely interesting to us:
* Experience building products from scratch
* Leadership and mentorship skills
* Fluency in Python and SQL
* Experience with large, distributed datasets
* Google Cloud experience (or AWS/Azure)Technical writing ability for documentation
If you feel like you aren’t quite the right match but still have something great to offer, we still want to hear from you! We’re a bunch of adventurous misfits and embrace that in the team.
We offer the following to all employees:
* Competitive Salary
* Competitive Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
* Full remote, with discretionary budget for hardware like lighting or standing desk
* Company stock options
* Yearly education stipend (1K/year)
* Annual subscriptions to any tools that make your work easier or more productiveApply for this job