The Senior Back-End Software Engineer position is responsible for creating the code powering the baseball experience as part of Major League Baseball Advanced Media. Launched in 2001 as the tech arm of Major League Baseball, MLBAM is renowned for creating experiences that baseball fans love - and we're just getting started!
This position offers the opportunity to collaborate with other world-class engineers, product developers, and designers; contribute to award-winning and complex apps and systems; influence the innovation of products used by millions globally; and work in a highly collaborative, results-oriented, team environment.
Using cutting edge technology, our software is consumed by fans, broadcasters, stadiums, MLB Clubs and the League itself. We are looking for Software Engineers who are passionate about contributing to MLB’s growing suite of casual gaming applications, including Beat the Streak, Rally and Quick Pick.
- Work on a back-end technology stack using Kotlin, Spring Boot and Google Cloud Platform
- Write clean, concise, modular code that is easily testable and maintainable
- Reverse-engineer, enhance and maintain existing systems
- Participate in an agile environment
- Participate in the full software development life cycle (requirements gathering, designing, building, testing and maintenance).
- Proactively seek constructive criticism of your own work and offer constructive feedback to others in a way that raises people up and builds relationships
- Participate in and lead triage efforts during production incidents
- Lead and take ownership of critical features and your own initiatives
- Introduce technologies you think will provide value to the product or organization
- Influence the innovation of products used by millions of users worldwide
- Influence the way that baseball is consumed by millions of users worldwide
- History of mature, egoless engineering and contributing to a positive, psychologically safe environment
- Proficiency in Java or Kotlin and at least one other high-level programming language
- Proficiency in professional software development process (agile development) and tools (IDEs, source control, CI/CD pipeline, test frameworks)
- Experience with SQL and designing schema for relational databases
- BS degree in CS and 2+ years of industry experience, MS/PhD degree in CS, or 7+ years of equivalent industry experience
- Experience developing microservices with REST APIs using Spring Boot
- Experience with Google Cloud/AWS
Salary range is $150,000/yr-$180,000/yr. Eligible for additional compensation under MLB’s discretionary bonus program. Benefits included.Apply for this job