SeatGeek believes live events are powerful experiences that unite humans. With our technological savvy and fan-first attitude we’re simplifying and modernizing the ticketing industry.
By catering to both consumers and enterprises, we’re powering a new, open entertainment ecosystem where fans have effortless access to experiences, and teams, venues, and shows have seamless access to their audiences. Because everyone should expect more from ticketing.
As a Risk Agent, you are on the frontlines for investigating and preventing fraud on the SeatGeek platform. You work closely with your Payments and Risk colleagues, as well as peers on the CX team, to identify new trends and fight fraud within our internal review queues and through the training of our third party platforms. You'll report to the Risk Operations Manager and focus on mitigating bad buyer and/or seller behavior on SeatGeek, including payment fraud and promo and referral abuse. You're extremely attentive to detail and trends, skilled in queue and task-based work, and understand the wider impact your day-to-day has on keeping SeatGeek safe and enabling good customers to have the best possible experience.
What you'll do
- Analyze high-risk and high dollar value transactions to prevent fraudulent behavior and user insults, while achieving internal review KPIs and SLAs
- Monitor accounts to maintain safety on the SeatGeek platform, reduce promo abuse, reduce invalid tickets, identify account takeover behavior and ultimately enable good users to have great experiences
- Work with CX team on reviewing and resolving member reports of fraud or insults, invalid reports or payout issues
- Contribute to the evolution of policies and workflows
- Maintain our payments and promotions risk models within third-party systems using confirmed fraud reports and proactively searching for arising trends
- Communicate trends and analysis to the larger team to elevate awareness
What you have
- 1-2 years of experience in e-commerce environments, with a focus on policy enforcement, risk analysis or customer support
- An analytical mindset, ability to spot and communicate patterns and dig deep into trends
- Ability to think critically and make fast decisions in ambiguous environments
- Comfort and familiarity with using various tools and operational workflows
- Strong communication skills, both in person and in writing
- A great sense of judgment and discretion
- An overarching sense of empathy for the (good) customer
- Ability to receive and act on feedback, both qualitative and quantitative
- Excellent time management and sense of urgency
- Ability to work a weekend day
- Equity stake
- Flexible work environment, allowing you to work as many days a week in the office as you’d like or 100% remotely
- A WFH stipend to support your home office setup
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 16 weeks of paid family leave
- 401(k) matching program
- Health, vision, dental, and life insurance
- Annual subscriptions to Headspace, Ginger.io, and One Medical
- $120 a month to spend on tickets to live events
- Annual subscription to Spotify, Apple Music, or Amazon music
The salary range for this role is $50,000-$58,000. Actual compensation packages within that range are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years and depth of experience, certifications, and specific location.
SeatGeek is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, military or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. As an equal opportunities employer, we recognize that diversity is a positive attribute and we welcome the differences and benefits that a diverse culture brings. Come join us!See more jobs at seatgeek