Job Title: Quantitative Football Analyst
Location: Bath, UK
Qualified Applicant history:
- Analysis skills evident in work or educational history.
- (Preferred) Portfolio of code, insights and/or visualisations related to football
Qualified Applicant skills:
- Ability to use R or Python (Preferred) Proficiency in one of these
- Experience with football datasets.
- Experience creating clean and clear visualisations.
- Good understanding of football from a tactical/performance perspective.
- Good knowledge of the current state of global football (competition trends, managers and players etc).
- Attention to detail
- Strong can-do attitude, work ethic and problem solving
- Able communicator
- Ability to manage varied workload
- Provide support with data issues across the organisation
- Assist with data project work. Includes research questions, visualisation mockups, etc
- Data quality review
- Work alongside Scouting department and contribute towards the data aspect of high quality player evaluations
- Software testing of new functionality and updates to data specs
- Involved with consulting projects for teams and other clients
- Effective reporting of bugs identified whilst performing duties (using or testing software)
- Investigate support and data inquiries for customers
Salary: Competitive, depending on experience. Only three days a week in the office.
Why Should You Work at StatsBomb?
To Apply: Please send an email to email@example.com with the subject “Quantitative Football Analyst” and include a cover letter (email body), CV, and answers to the following questions:
Apply for this job
- Why are you interested in this role?
- How do your skills fit our requirements?
- What available work do you have that helps prove your skill set?