The Quantitative Analyst will work in the Scouting Department for the Baltimore Ravens. This position is primarily responsible for organizing and analyzing football tracking and performance data through the use of advanced statistical techniques.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Design, analyze, test and implement interpretable predictive models
- Integrate multiple sources of tracking/performance data across all football systems
- Identify, diagnose and resolve data quality issues
- Assist with the design and management of future tracking/performance data initiatives
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis and reporting as require
- General scouting department roles and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics or Statistics, or equivalent professional experience required (Master’s Degree a plus)
- Demonstrated ability to successfully design and implement statistical models in R and/or Python
- Willingness to work non-traditional hours (various nights, weekends, holidays)
- Willingness and ability to relocate to Baltimore, MD
- Do running backs matter?
- What’s more important, pass rush or pass coverage?
- Under what circumstances should a team run against heavy fronts?
We’re looking for someone who loves analyzing sports data (football especially) and doesn’t take themselves too seriously. You’ve got to be a self-starter who knows how to set and achieve their own goals. If you’ve worked with tracking and performance data before, great. If you can create “Machine Learned Artificial Intelligence” spatiotemporal algorithms, even better… we think. If you can’t, but you have strong math/statistics skills that could help our group make the best possible recommendations, you should apply. Apply for this job