Product Engineer (Full-Stack, Remote)
We're building an online gym for mental health for live, therapist-led emotional fitness classes. You’ll help us build product experiences that redefine how people work on & practice their emotional fitness. We are looking for a Product Engineer who has a strong desire for end-to-end technical ownership, an appreciation for thoughtful user experiences, and an empathetic focus on the people we’ve set out to help. You’re the right fit for this role if you consider yourself an experienced full-stack engineer and someone who enjoys balancing user needs, business needs, and technical trade-offs in a startup environment.
As we grow and our product evolves, we will work toward leveraging large-scale data to power our matching & digital class experience to expand our impact.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Ship code across the stack, quickly and reliably.
- Design and implement features for Coa's core platform; for example, digitizing our Class experience and connecting the members of our community outside of Class.
- Contribute to the Engineering culture of a new team preparing for a significant growth.
What you'll bring to the table:
- 3+ years of Front-End or Full-Stack Software Engineering experience in a product-centric environment.
- Experience building delightful, snappy UIs for the web and the contributing to the back-end APIs that hydrate them.
- Familiarity with our tooling so that you can dive right in, particularly on the front-end. We use React, Typescript, and Ruby-on-Rails.
- Experience in a startup environment, and along with it, the ability to move quickly, own end-to-end, operate in areas of ambiguity, and make strategic tradeoffs regarding technical debt (but not technical DIRT).
We’re building a culture of:
- Excellent, proactive, and thoughtful communication about work, personal needs, and expectations. (We also teach a class on effective communication to everyone on our team!)
- Learning, curiosity, self-awareness, and personal growth
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Interest in the depth and complexity of human & emotional experience
- Destigmatization of proactive mental health and mental wellbeing
Total rewards and benefits:
- Competitive salary and equity in a seed stage start-up
- Comprehensive health benefits (health, dental, medical)
- Rejuvenation policy spanning PTO, holidays, personal days, and mental health days!
- Professional development opportunities: we offer classes to all employees on leadership fitness & emotional fitness at work
- Intellectual Health Benefits: we offer a healthy learning stipend to keep your mind and curiosity nurtured
- Opportunity to help build a culture that values self-care, cultural change, and collaboration
How to Apply
Please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org — if possible we'd love to see examples of things you've built or creative endeavors you're especially proud of.
See our other open roles 💫
Learn more About CoaApply for this job