A Bit About Us
Genius Sports is the official data, technology and commercial partner that powers the global ecosystem connecting sports, betting and media. Our mission is to champion a more sustainable sports data ecosystem that benefits all parties - from the rights holder all the way through to the fan. We are the trusted partner to over 500 sports organisations globally, capturing the highest quality data for many of the world’s largest leagues and federations such as the NFL, NBA, MLB, English Premier League, Serie A, FIBA and the NCAA. From enabling leagues to take control of their official data, to creating immersive fan experiences for sports, betting and media organizations, we are driven to the deliver the difference for our partners.
What We Do
- Sportstech - Data capture, management and analysis tools that help leagues run their sport, unlock new revenue streams, and protect the integrity of their competitions.
- Video - Fully automated streaming technology, production and distribution services that help showcase sports to the world.
- Sportsbook - Everything a sportsbook operator needs to manager their operation and grow profits – all powered by the finest live sports data available.
- Media & Engagement - We help brands and publishers engage and monetize sports fans with personalized campaigns and content they will love.
As a Problem & Release Operator you will work closely with the support team, the commercial team, and the technical teams as well as other internal stakeholders. You will work across our customer-facing teams providing a friendly and technically knowledgeable interface to our customers, facilitating incident & release management, service improvement, and performance reporting.
What will you be doing?
- Implement and manage release processes through development, test and production environments;
- Manage release communication internally and externally, coordinate release windows;
- Manage service interrupting incidents;
- Handle internal and external incident communications to keep both colleagues and customers informed;
- Identifying and implementing changes to processes and procedures to improve our incident management regime;
- Work with our support and development teams to assist with identifying and addressing service outage risks.
Genius Sports has customers around the world and you can expect to own or be involved in a wide variety of initiatives aimed at improving our customer service levels. You will manage diverse perspectives and objectives to deliver coherent improvements that meet customers expectations.
This role would suit someone who has:
- Familiarity with IT field through prior work experience or education;
- Prior experience with release and incident management;
- Strong customer service, communication and organizational skills;
- Familiarity with Power BI and Atlassian product suite;
- Working knowledge of Scrum and Kanban agile methodologies;
- Interest in delivery and process;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and written English.
It would be ideal, but not essential if you:
- Have understanding of what database indexing, SSL certificate expiry, rmq exchange are.
As well as a competitive salary and annual leave allowance, our benefits include health insurance, skills training and much more, depending on location. We also offer a host of softer benefits, including many social events throughout the year such as summer and winter holiday parties, monthly team building events, sports tournaments, charity days and wellbeing activities.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, we are currently using virtual hiring processes in some locations, so that we can continue hiring great people whilst being mindful of the health of everyone involved in the recruitment process. Please therefore be aware that, among other things, interviews may take place by phone or video, and some new hires may need to be onboarded remotely (e.g. where access to office space is currently restricted). Our Talent Acquisition team will be able to advise of arrangements in relation to specific roles, so please reach out to them with any questions.
Genius Sports Group is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We recognize and celebrate the benefits that a diverse and inclusive workforce bring to our business, our customers and our staff. We welcome and will consider all applications regardless of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage, pregnancy, maternity, race or nationality, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation (and any other status protected by applicable law) Apply for this jobSee more jobs at Genius Sports