Recur is building the future of digital collectibles on-chain, known as Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs) – the newest Unicorn industry.
RECUR needs a Principal Software Engineer to help architect and build our NFT platform from the ground up. You will be a member of the founding engineering team and will have significant influence on the technologies we use and how we build software at RECUR.
The primary focus of our team is backend blockchain integration. If working directly with blockchains is what you want to do, then this role is for you.
What do we at RECUR believe makes a great engineering team?
Here are our core beliefs:
- It’s important to have team members that care about the team’s results more than their own individual achievements
- It’s important for leadership to be tolerant of making mistakes
- It’s important that the team members help, teach, and mentor one another
- It’s important not to place blame on individuals when things go bad but instead to evaluate as a team how we do it better the next time
- It’s important to be clear on what that mission is and minimize the distractions on the teams executing on that mission
- Small teams execute better than big ones, empower small teams with ownership and minimize the dependencies between them
- It’s important to encourage self-directed innovation
What you will do at RECUR
- Architect and code everything from small components to big systems.
- Drive decisions on what technologies we use and the software practices we adopt
- Be a technical lead on small to large sized projects
- Work on a small agile team of software engineers and product managers
- Coach less experienced teammates to become better software engineers
- Set an example and define our standards for how we code and deliver our software
- Help us grow our team of talented software engineers
What you bring to RECUR
- You have 8+ years of experience developing software
- You have experience building and deploying software in the cloud, preferably AWS
- You have built and maintained highly scalable and reliable internet applications or platforms accessed by hundreds of thousands of users on a daily basis
- You have designed and maintained highly transactional databases that store lots of data and handle heavy loads
- You are an experienced technical lead, that can direct and guide a team of engineers through building platforms/products and solving big, complex, open ended problems
- You have experience building and maintaining ecommerce, payment, auction, trading platforms, or similar where security and keeping customer funds safe is imperative
- You know how to break down a big, complex problem into smaller components and coordinate your team to iteratively deliver high quality software
- You have a passion for testing your code through unit testing and automation
- You strive to be a productive engineer and use the latest tools and techniques to achieve this goal
- You have experience building applications with node.js, preferably as serverless services, especially with typescript.
- You have an interest in blockchain, cryptocurrency, and NFTs
- You are a legally eligible to work in the USA or Canada
Benefits & Perks
Apply for this job
- Commitment to being a remote-first company & embracing remote work best practices
- Company sponsored Health, Dental and Vision Benefits, 401K with 2% match
- 3 weeks paid vacation, 10 company holidays and fully paid parental leave
- Industry focused lunch & learns, swag, and the flexibility to get the tooling you need
- The chance to work with incredibly passionate people on a mission to shape an industry!