Hazel Health, the national leader in school-based telehealth, was founded in 2015 to address systemic inequities in healthcare access, and ensure all children can get the quality care they need and deserve. We leverage digital health technology to provide on-demand physical and mental health care services to over 2 million students in school districts across the country.
Physical and mental telehealth has become more relevant in the lives of children than ever before. Hazel is experiencing tremendous company growth as we respond to our nation’s call for equitable, affordable, and safe virtual access to healthcare.
We are a mission-driven team of healthcare and business leaders, educators, and tech innovators, bringing together our unique skills in a meaningful way to do good in the world. Please consider joining us to share your gifts and talents with a growing and diverse organization, working to make healthcare available to all students.
The Role: Mental Health Enrollment Coordinator
Location: Irving, Texas (in-person)
About This Role:
We are looking for a dynamic, empathetic, and action-oriented individual to join our Enrollment Coordinator Team.
This role has the flexibility to have summers off, working over a 10-month period, Monday-Friday at the office location in Irving, TX, 12 pm-9 pm CST.
As an Enrollment Coordinator, your primary responsibility will be ensuring our students get the best care possible by providing support to our schools, families and internal teammates. You will directly interact with parents/guardians and district/school personnel and serve as the front door to help families enroll in our HEART mental health program by obtaining health insurance information, securing parent/guardian consent, and scheduling appointments with our clinical team.
What You’ll Do:
- Conduct outreach calls to families who are referred for our HEART mental health program
- Accurately schedule families for mental health visits
- Support with account creation and account issues
- Support with Hazel's consent form completion
- Communicate with schools to process referrals, including escalating safety concerns based on pre-defined guidelines
- Answer questions within the realm of knowledge/expertise; for those questions outside of knowledge/expertise, expediently and appropriately relay the information
- Provide cost and insurance information and collect complete insurance information from families prior to scheduling over the phone and by using proprietary tools
- Conduct insurance eligibility verifications and conduct follow-up action as needed
- Complete time-sensitive data documentation to ensure the patient profile is updated
- Play an integral part in coordinating information between providers, students, and their families
- Build a customer experience that promotes Hazel as the supportive and engaging company we strive to be
- Troubleshoot basic equipment and technical issues
- Ensure Hazel provides quality and consistent service, including appropriate cultural, economic, FERPA, HIPAA, and district health understanding
- Additional duties as assigned
We are looking for diverse individuals who want to support our mission and values. Please consider applying even if you don't fully meet 100% of these criteria.
- Passion for Hazel Health’s mission
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bilingual English / Spanish preferred
- 1+ year experience in a call center/customer service role, preferably in a clinical setting
- Customer service mindset, including responsiveness, patience, accuracy, compassion, and resourcefulness
- Ability to exercise empathy, understanding of the school environment and children/staff in that environment, and diplomacy when dealing with individuals (at any level)
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing to a variety of audiences
- Ability to stay calm in a fast-paced environment and take swift action across multiple platforms to ensure customer satisfaction
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion
- Computer skills and an ability to learn and understand general technical requirements for the telemedicine system
- Highly organized, attentive to detail, and effective with multi-tasking
- Ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively in a team environment
- Health-tech / Ed-tech experience is strongly preferred
- Patient access and/or insurance eligibility verification experience is strongly preferred
- Prior experience in a fast-paced startup environment is strongly preferred
Hazel’s Core Values:
- Exceptional Partnership: We seek to understand, align, and then work to exceed the highest expectations of those we serve.
- Always Accountable: We set high standards for ourselves and each other and deliver. We do what we say we are going to do.
- Make it Happen: Every teammate has the power and responsibility to make our company better. We are collectively imagining and building the product and company of our dreams.
- One Team: Our success is driven by building relationships and collaborating across teams, geographies and functions. Bringing in diverse perspectives and understanding everyone’s personal story drives transformative solutions.
- Never Stop Innovating: We are bold. Our goal is to make transformational change. Sometimes we will fail, and we use it to learn and drive forward.
- Drive Impact: Everything comes down to the impact Hazel makes on people - our families and students, our teammates, our partners, our neighbors, and ourselves.
This is an exciting position in a fast-paced organization. We offer:
- A competitive compensation package with a base salary range of $18.00 to $19.50 an hour
- Generous, high-quality medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401K with a 100% employer match for contributions up to 4% of the salary
- 15 days PTO and 11 paid holidays annually
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employer-paid short-term and long-term disability and employer-sponsored life insurance
- A positive, supportive, and passionate team
Our Stance On Diversity:
At Hazel, we don’t just accept differences—we thrive on them. We recognize that having diverse perspectives and backgrounds among our teammates makes our company, our solutions, and our service to families and schools stronger. We are committed to making Hazel an inclusive work environment and helping all staff grow professionally.
Hazel is proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability status, or Veteran status.
All offers of employment are conditioned on a candidate’s consent to a background check and our satisfaction with the results. Qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
See more jobs at Hazel Health