The Manager, Partnership Activation role will bring to life the creative partnerships at the Kia Forum with key corporate brands from around the globe. In this role, the primary focus is to coordinate day-to-day aspects of fulfilling contractual commitments and renewing assigned partnership accounts. The Manager will lead and participate in the planning, execution, tracking, and reporting of all partners’ contractual elements, such as but not limited to: in-venue signage, in-market promotions, social media campaigns, sweepstakes, experiential activations, and hospitality.
The Kia Forum is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace. New members of our team must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (as defined by the CDC) and will need to provide verification of vaccination for COVID-19.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Fulfill, activate, and coordinate day-to-day operations of assigned corporate partnership accounts.
- Facilitate all tour, radio show and special event partner obligations with third-party entities such as Live Nation, AEG, CMN, iHeartMedia, Audacy, etc. including onsite activations, brand ambassador check-ins, day of point of contact, etc.
- Act as corporate marketing consultant to partner contacts to develop and deliver on impactful and measurable sponsorship platforms.
- Collaborate on the strategy and fulfillment of partnership marketing initiatives with internal and external stakeholders.
- Measure the effectiveness of assigned sponsorship platforms to demonstrate partner ROI and ROO.
- Cultivate partner relationships at all levels from day-to-day contacts to executive decision makers through regular touchpoints, including but not limited to, email communication, weekly status calls; annual partner activation summit; hospitality and events; mid-year and end of year recaps, etc.
- Act as an extension of assigned partners’ brand, understanding the industry landscape, business objectives, challenges, opportunities, etc.
- Support the Corporate Partnerships department with ownership of functions related to management of organizational verticals such as social and digital media, marketing, community relations efforts, signage, proposals, presentation development and special project deliverables to include strategy development, writing and visuals.
- Manage each partner’s respective ticket bank based on contract year and contract amounts while having all requested tickets processed through the box office with applicable budget codes.
- Contribute directly to department revenue goals by assisting with current sponsor partnership renewals and upsell opportunities.
- Collaborate on new partnership opportunities with Sales Manager.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the competitive landscape in sports and entertainment properties and venues.
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, marketing, advertising, or sports management (or similar field) from a four-year college or university or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- 5-7 years of meaningful professional work experience with a sports property, consumer brand, agency, or venue required. Sales and corporate marking experience preferred.
- Keen attention to detail, strong problem solving and decision-making skills, and the ability to maintain productive, positive relationships through strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer skills required: experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook) is required.
- Strong proficiency with Adobe Photoshop preferred
- Experience with working in CRM to manage history of account activity, inventory, and budgets
- Demonstrated ability to be strategic, creative and solution focused.
- Ability to establish effective client and interdepartmental relationships, handle multiple client contacts and projects, and drive business.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and use the upmost discretion when privy to sensitive information.
- Self-directed and able to work independently.
- Availability and willingness to work most shows, extended hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, and be on-call as necessary.
- Demonstrated dedication with the ability to lead projects from origin through execution.
- Ability to learn and flourish in a fast-growing, dynamic environment.
- Effective interpersonal skills, both oral and written.
- Self-starter and ambitious spirit with hands-on approach towards business.
Target salary range for this role is $75,000 - $90,000 per year.
#LI-DNPSee more jobs at LA Clippers