The Manager, Booking will work with the GM/VP of Music & Events, Intuit Dome and the VP, Booking, in booking specific concerts and community events at the Kia Forum, as well as ticketing and calendar management for certain shows/events. This position will handle many aspects of the actual event which will range from assisting with booking, contracting, ticketing, event presentation and post-production, as well as Talent Relations duties as assigned. The Manager, Booking will collaborate with all members of the Kia Forum team including the Special Events Manager, Finance, Marketing, Legal, Building Operations, VIP Services and Production staff in the management of events (including budgets, deal letters, concert/event and recording contracts and insurance, ancillary needs, settlements, on sale calendar maintenance and ticketing management).
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Right hand to the VP, Booking, and responsible for overflow and special projects upon request.
- Assist in the booking/management of events inclusive of communicating deal points, contract generating, working with finance and production on budgets and final event settlements.
- Serve as the key ticketing liaise to new promoters and manage the on-sale process for new events including box office/staff ticketing memorandum distribution.
- Expanded role of show coverage, on-site presence, and key contact for respective clients.
- Manage and oversee community events, working directly with the LA Clippers and local partners to facilitate.
- Receive incoming potential clients and assess viability.
- Provides support to the Talent Relations liaison as assigned, inclusive of coordinating requests from talent and event contacts on backstage needs during events.
- Facilitate Trade Reporting functions, including data submission and management.
- Assist in departmental/company research projects/presentations as requested.
- Research, ideate and contact potential new booking opportunities for the venue.
- 5+ years of experience in the entertainment industry.
- Experience with project management.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Self-starter with the ability to act as liaison with internal and external parties.
- Must be extremely detail oriented.
- Proficient in Ticketmaster systems, reports, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Willingness to work extended hours, including many nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to manage interdepartmental communication.
- Ability to organize and prioritize mass information.
Target salary range for this role is $75,000 - $85,000 per year.
#LI-DNPSee more jobs at LA Clippers