is looking for a
Los Angeles, United States
• We produce the most accurate tracking data with the fastest high-quality output by leveraging the most automated and extensible solution in the market. We are the official tracking and analytics partner of the EPL and NBA. We also work with other top basketball and soccer (football) leagues and clubs around the world.
• We generate meaningful and accurate data in the language of sport. Nearly every team in the NBA and ESPN uses our analytics and video platforms.
• We create cutting edge software and communication tools so we can deliver personalized and interactive technologies for leagues, managers, players, media and fans that save people time and get them what they want in ways that previously did not exist.
• We launched an innovative product, Clippers CourtVision, which won an NBA Innovation Award and Best in Technology at the 2019 Sports Business Awards, and has subsequently been used by ESPN, Turner Sports, FOX, NBATV, and NBA League Pass among others.
We are constantly innovating. We believe that technology will revolutionize the way that sports are played, coached, and experienced, and that the work to make this happen has just begun.
What You Will Do:
Second Spectrum is seeking a Machine Learning Engineer to join our AI group. At Second Spectrum, machine understanding of sports forms the foundation of all the products we deliver, which are used by coaches, broadcasters, and fans.
Machine Learning engineers are involved in data extraction, developing state-of-the-art models/algorithms, training and evaluation. The primary focus area of this particular job opening is soccer.
What You Have:
• Work experience (7+ years of direct, relevant experience) or graduate degree in machine learning
• A solid CS foundation (data structures, object oriented design, modern software engineering practices)
• Understanding of the mathematical underpinnings of machine learning/statistical algorithms
• Experience in python and machine learning libraries (cikit-learn, tensorflow, keras)
• Data build technologies - AWS, postgres
• Data extraction, cleansing, and normalization
• Absolutely, critical must have - thorough domain knowledge of soccer (coaching, playing, lifelong fan...)
What Sets You Apart:
• Team-oriented engineering habits
• Curiosity and desire to learn new tools and technologies, as well as teach/mentor others
• Strong work ethic
Our Work Environment and What You Will Benefit From:
• Cutting-edge products to work on for major professional sports leagues and teams
• Team-oriented, start-up mindset, innovative and dynamic environment, which encourages growth and provides opportunities to make an impact
• Flat hierarchy and collaborative management led by highly-qualified technical leads
As a general approach, we interview for aptitude over specific technologies or languages. Please be prepared to speak to anything listed on your resume or CV.Apply for this job