Second Spectrum is building the next way of seeing sports. We deliver unique and innovative solutions through unparalleled capabilities in machine understanding of sports.
- We are the official tracking and analytics provider of the English Premier League, NBA, and MLS and have numerous clients across multiple sports at the team, league, and media level.
- We developed a real-time video augmentation pipeline that powers the innovative content featured in products like the award-winning Clippers CourtVision, and has also been used by ESPN, Turner Sports, BT Sport, FOX, and International NBA League Pass.
- We produce the most accurate tracking and analytics data with the fastest high-quality output by leveraging the most automated and extensible solution in the market.
We are constantly innovating. We believe that technology will revolutionize the way that sports are played, coached, and experienced, and that the work to make this happen has just begun.
The Role: Machine Learning Engineer, Basketball AI
The AI Basketball group is looking for a Machine Learning Engineer to help design and implement cutting-edge machine learning technologies that power innovative products for teams, leagues and fans.
What You’ll Do:
- Design, prototype, implement, evaluate, optimize and monitor machine learning algorithms and software that can generate basketball data and insights with high accuracy and low latency
- Build, test, deploy, and maintain production code
- Maintain and promote best practices for software development, including deployment process, documentation and coding standards
- Contribute to technical and product discussions, and share knowledge and ideas with colleagues across the company
- Provide on-call support for live games on a rotational basis
- Languages: Python, Rust
- Frameworks: PyTorch, PyTorch Lightning, Keras, TensorFlow, scikit-learn, xarray, pandas
- Infrastructure, tools: AWS (S3, EC2), Docker, Pulsar, Grafana, Pachyderm
- Version control: Git
What You Need:
- BSc or MSc or equivalent experience with a strong deep learning and software engineering component
- Interest in basketball and an understanding of the game’s basic actions
- Affinity for teamwork and collaboration with others to solve problems, share knowledge, and provide feedback
- Strong communication skills when discussing technical concepts with technical and non-technical colleagues
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently in an efficient manner
- Flexibility and availability for work on call, outside of regular work hours, as needed to support live basketball games
What Sets You Apart:
- Strong industry experience in deep learning, covering the full development life-cycle
- Experience with data pipelines, real-time systems, high-performance computing
Our Work Environment and What You Will Benefit From:
Apply for this job
- Flat hierarchy and collaborative management
- Highly-qualified technical leads and colleagues
- Working on cutting-edge products for major professional sports leagues and teams
- Team-oriented, start-up mindset, innovative and dynamic environment, which encourages growth and provides opportunities to make an impact