Platform at Peloton is a force-multiplier that enables Peloton to move faster and scale safely, with minimal effort. Core to this mission is creation of the best core engineering and developer experience in the tech industry--for the entire spectrum of Peloton's technology: IoT, firmware, web, apps, backend, messaging, content, data, and machine learning. We get to apply these to create a platform of products loved by millions of customers all over the world.
You will be a key leader in the Platform Product organization. This not only includes developer tooling, CI/CD/gitops, discovery and documentation-as-code, and tech learning; it also includes custodianship of our frameworks for development across our entire tech stack, site reliability engineering, database technology, security, user authentication and more. Imagine a world where discovery of services and up-to-date documentation is instantaneous as Google Search; where rate-limiting, observability, tracing, cost tagging and more are "batteries included". Where infrastructure is declared and deployment is not only push-button, but includes automated canary analysis, auto-sizing, and auto-scaling. Imagine the enjoyment of building this in partnership with others in the open source community (including the CNCF) as well as with engineering stakeholders across all of Peloton.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Platform Product, this a technology leadership role. You will bring (and implement) your ideas and help build a growing engineering organization spanning multiple disciplines and domains. Your impact will be widely visible, across Peloton and through our involvement in the tech industry.
- You will lead creation of an extensible platform that provides the best experience across the spectrum of hardware, mobile, web, backend, data, and machine learning.
- Partner with others (engineering and product teams across Peloton and leaders in industry) to define what true developer productivity is, what constitutes a great developer platform at speed and scale, and how to bring this to practice.
- Collaborate cross functionally with Engineering, Product, Product Analytics, Program Management, and others to develop short- and long-term roadmaps and execution plans.
- Handle planning and breaking down large projects; Manage program and project risks appropriately; Identify and mitigate internal and cross-functional dependencies and blockers.
- Identify and drive the adoption of newly emerging industry best practices, technologies, architecture, and skill sets needed to create the best developer experience in the industry.
- Drive technical decision making through objectively assessing trade offs based on architecture, scope, complexity, business priorities, and impact to developer experience at Peloton
- Leverage a strong technical foundation and experience to provide appropriate guidance to a growing organization, multi-disciplined teams of managers, engineers, instructors, and tech writers to ensure delivery of sound technology and continuing development of their careers.
Apply for this job
- You have been experienced in defining and driving product strategy across multiple teams and domains with success in the past. You have led multi-level organizations consisting of multiple engineering teams.
- You have several years of experience leading teams to implement technology that simplifies the developer journey from idea to production and have domain knowledge in developer tools, CI, documentation, technology learning, and open source.
- You are able to be the spokesperson and drive developer experience topics across all of our communities: internal, open source, and technology vendors. You are equally comfortable and effective communicating with business and deeply technical stakeholders.
- You are an excellent communicator and storyteller, communicating concepts and ideas in different formats, depending on context. You can receive feedback while being assertive when needed. You know how to influence decision-making at all levels within an organization, using a variety of evidence and communication styles.
- You are experienced with data-driven product development but are also equally comfortable working with ambiguity and are able to combine data and intuition to achieve results.