To help teams and athletes win, we need a Lead Data Analyst to support the decision making of our Competitive business unit. You will be working with the senior teams in that area, understanding the challenges they are facing and supporting their need to make more data oriented choices.
You'll work across a number of teams, solving a wide variety of problems. You'll be comfortable with ambiguity, connecting the dots, getting insights from stakeholders and using data to support your opinions.
You’ll be part of our Decision Science team, a high impact, cross-functional team of Data Analysts, Data Engineers, Predictive Analysts, Data Scientists and Consumer Insights Researchers. On any given day, we might be writing SQL queries to understand user behavior over time, or running data through statistical models to help our teams forecast and set better goals. Here are some projects we're working on:
- Building a model to predict the likelihood a customer will renew their subscription with Hudl.
- Designing and building database schemas to support point-and-click analytics and visualizations in Looker.
- Pushing data and insights about products and customers to frontline Hudl users in operational tools like Salesforce.
- Delivering insights to guide development of features that will pull more users into the Hudl platform.
- Helping teams commercialize on data by feeding it back into the product.
- Experienced. You have more than eight years of progressive experience in the analytics space in varying roles (i.e., Analyst, Project Manager, Data Scientist, etc.), preferably organizing efforts to articulate and implement a vision for analytical greatness within large companies. You also have more than five years experience in software development and are proficient or can become proficient in various programming languages (Python, R, Java, etc.). And you have experience with supply chain optimization and/or managing data associated with supply chain logistics. Not to mention your expert understanding of analytics, including data generation, movement, presentation and all the tools that enable data-driven organizations to thrive.
- Highly motivated. You're comfortable inserting yourself into the right conversations to make an impact. You seek out the best opportunities that provide the highest ROI. You forge your own path into uncharted territory by identifying next steps, getting others onboard and taking action.
- Analytical, analytical, analytical. Making verdicts based on inaccurate or incomplete data is a red flag for you. You think data is more important than opinions and you love finding patterns in data.
- Strategic. You connect the dots and believe that looking at the broader picture creates an environment that enables world-class work.
- Not one for the status quo. “That’s the way we’ve always done it” isn’t in your vocabulary. You constantly look for ways to innovate and make things better. Good is never good enough.
- Think "stakeholder first." You prioritize stakeholder needs and have an intuitive grasp of business problems.
- The type that gets stuff done. You’re restless without a project on your task list. You have a list of finished projects that you can look back on with pride.
- A SQL expert. You can write advanced SQL queries to manipulate data and power insightful reports.
- An accomplished data storyteller. You can communicate technical jargon to a non-technical audience. You have experience delivering powerful visual messages to the executive level and can call them to action using data. You effectively use data visualizations to enhance consumption of data and not distract from it.
- A mentor. You're always looking for opportunities to develop those around you. You can demonstrate experience of this at a high level.
- Provide thought leadership. No one will know the analytics space better than you. Whether it's software, people or processes, you know what's best in class and can anticipate what's yet to come.
- Advocate for scalability. You'll be an expert on the entire analytics tech stack that Decision Science uses. You'll prioritize projects that lead to efficiencies and scalable processes for your business partners.
- Evangelize massive insights. You'll create data models, visual analytics and self-service opportunities that provide and lead to insights that impact the highest levels of Hudl.
- Write lots of SQL. From parsing complex strings to combining many disjointed data sets, you're an all-star at writing SQL and your skill will be used to its fullest.
- Pioneer data quality and availability. You don't expect great data and inputs to drop in your lap. You see it as your responsibility to work with source data teams to improve data collection and availability. You'll lead data quality initiatives that extend beyond basic reporting, working directly with cross-functional stakeholders to identify areas of risk and be relentless in your pursuit to improve source data. You'll use your experience to guide the team to adopt robust and well-architected validation practices.
- Unify analytics. You'll look for opportunities where people are operating from disparate understandings on KPIs and bring them together to reconcile the differences and get everyone to a shared understanding.
- Bring teams together. You'll comfortably handle conflict because you're a calming influence on teams, and you know how to work through disagreement to get to productive outcomes.
- Celebrate work at Hudl retreats. We like to gather our Hudlies from around the world to showcase achievements and strategize for the future.
- Treat you like an adult. We’re all about a healthy work-life balance. We’ll give you unlimited vacation time and have company-wide timeout days (no meetings allowed).
- Provide career growth. We’re lifelong learners who encourage professional development. We’ll give you tons of resources and opportunities to keep growing.
- Supply you with tools for success. We've invested in our office spaces, designing them with our employees in mind. You’ll have the enriching, flexible environment and powerful hardware you need to do your job well.
- Support your mental and physical health. We care about our employees’ wellbeing. Our Employee Assistance Program, Employee Resource Groups and fitness partner Peerfit have you covered.
- Cover your medical insurance. We have multiple plans to pick from to ensure you’ll have the coverage you (and your dependents) want.
- Contribute to your 401(K). Yep, that’s free money. We’ll match up to 4% of your own contribution.
Diversity at Hudl
Hudl is an equal opportunity employer. We understand the power of a diverse team, celebrate differences and promote inclusion.
We also know imposter syndrome is real and the confidence gap can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please don’t hesitate to apply—we’d love to hear from you.
https://www.hudl.com/jobs/hudl-applicant-and-candidate-privacy-policyApply for this job