Junior Sales Executive – Northern Europe (Amsterdam)
Are you a recent graduate with the ambition to work in a sales and account management context in the sports industry? Then this is your opportunity to do so. You will learn everything there is to know about Opta data and related Stats Perform media products. And subsequently pitch, advise, quote, negotiate, contract and, most importantly, build strong relationships with the biggest names in sport media.
Dedicated to Client Success
As a Junior Sales Executive you take the lead in the entire sales process of Stats Perform media services (i.e. sports data, widgets, news, etc.). This is a proactive role in which you are the main contact for the client accounts under your care, making sure our clients reach the goals they want to achieve with our products. These clients can be broadcasters, publishers, professional (football) clubs, leagues, etc. The processes of contract renewal, contract upgrades and finding new business are your responsibility.
This is what you will do:
- Learn everything there is to know about the relevant Stats Perform products to be able to confidently advise clients and prospects
- Take charge of the entire sales process from finding new leads and building a pipeline to eventually contracting agreed services
- Building (or expanding) your network in the sports (media) industry
- Help create sales plans and market analyses for specific target markets and ‘go-to-market’ plans for new products
- Keep track of and report on progress within the sales pipeline, being able to accurately forecast expected results
You will be working from the Dutch office across from the Amsterdam Amstel station and will be reporting into the local sales leader. However, you will be part of the wider Northern Europe sales team and will be responsible for sourcing and progressing leads in multiple territories in the region. This also means traveling to meet clients and colleagues (when travel restrictions allow), especially in the Benelux and Nordics.
This is what we offer:
- 40 hours per week as part of the Northern European Sales team
- Hybrid working and (partly) working from home is an option
- Initial 6 months to get to grips with the products and build a pipeline against a base salary.
- After the initial 6 months a sales quotum will be introduced and commission will be paid on all sales on top of the base salary
Be the Best
Stats Perform’s objective is to develop and maintain a loyal and extensive client base within the target markets, ensuring the long-term development of the company. To help achieve this objective a Junior Sales Executive will require excellent organizational, time management, communication and sales skills, in addition to an extensive and up-to-date understanding of all Stats Perform media products and services.
This is you:
- A bachelor’s/master’s degree (or similar experience) in a relevant field of business
- Fluent in English and Dutch (both verbally and written)
- Affinity with football / sports and digital sports consumption
- A commercial attitude and ability to find creative (commercial) solutions
- Sales experience is a plus (including the use of Salesforce)
This is the process:
- Application: we would love to receive your application in any creative form that best suits you
- Response: Within 10 working days you will receive a reply from us and if we have any additional questions we will call.
- First meeting: this meeting is to get to know each other better (often online via Teams)
- Talent scan: optional online talent scan
- Second meeting: face-to-face meeting in one of our offices, potentially requiring a pitch for commercial roles
- Contract offer: official written offer and a subsequent contract if the offer is accepted
Stats Perform - Core Values:
Apply for this jobSee more jobs at Stats Perform
- One Team - We foster a culture of respect and collaboration to selflessly support and engage our teammates
- Committed Players - We are proud and passionate about the work we do and our role in sport
- Dedicated To Client Success - We keep our clients’ goals at the centre of everything we build and do; when our clients win, we win
- Be The Best - We have a relentless pursuit of getting the job done right and celebrating the results
- Always Innovate - We aspire to innovate in all of our work to disrupt and shape the future of our industry