MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES (Play Your Part):
• Supporting the development of performance insights
• Supporting applied practitioners (analysts & coaches, sports scientists) with system, database and spreadsheet queries into practical performance-related questions.
• Evolving systems, work flows and databases, although ensuring they align with the wider club’s analytical and systems approach
• Manage match data (OPTA /Tracking Data /Internal-Blue Point).
• Manage key data provider relationships- timely and reliable delivery, cleaning, processing & distributing internally.
• Work with key stakeholders to design & lead bespoke in-house performance data reports (& dashboards) to measure playing philosophy, individual player development (aligned with CSRs & IAPs) and team progress.
• Work closely with management & practitioners to answer coaching & development performance questions.
• Close working relationships with 1st team, Recruitment & ICT departments; aligning data systems, processes and the sharing of best practice. Monitor trends and innovation within the industry to help inform future strategy.
• Experience in a related data science/analytics role.
• Familiarity with Power BI (connectivity, data modelling, visualisation & troubleshooting data issues)
• Experience supporting data collection, report engagement, data interpretation and eliciting future requirements
• Experience with data cleansing (both manual and automatic)
• Knowledge of PowerAutomate & PowerApps
• Strong communication skills enabling presenting and successful teamwork.
• Experience and interest in high performance sport.
• Previous experience working with football event and tracking data etc (e.g. OPTA, 2nd Spectrum, Skill Corner).
• Good knowledge of M (Power Query), DAX, SQL, R
• Experience in report delivery (tiles in Teams and Power Apps, reports in Dynamics 365, responsive reports and dashboards)
• Self-motivated with desire to create solutions and constantly wanting to improve data sets/visualisations/processes.
The Employee must at all times carry out his/her responsibilities with due regard to Chelsea Football Club policies and procedures in particular Health & Safety, Financial Authorisation, Confidentiality and with regard to the Data Protection Act. The Employee must act to protect all young people and vulnerable adults that are in their care or attending the Company's premises. The Employee must report any misconduct or suspected misconduct to the Safeguarding Lead.
Chelsea Football Club and the Foundation is fully committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of all children, young people and adults at risk (vulnerable groups) that are in our care or attending our premises. As a consequence, Chelsea FC may require any successful applicants to complete a DBS Check prior to working at our premises. Successful applicants may also be required to undergo other child protection screening appropriate to the post applied for.
The Employee must ensure a positive commitment towards equality and diversity by treating others fairly and not committing any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimisation or harassment of any description and to promote positive working relations amongst Employees and customers.
The above Job Description is not intended to be exhaustive, the duties and responsibilities may therefore vary over time according to the changing needs of the Club.Apply for this jobSee more jobs at Chelsea Football Club