Head of Product Design & Experience
We're seeking an experienced product designer to help us design products that redefine how people discover, find, and engage with mental health resources like therapy and mental fitness classes. As one of our first product designers, this is an enormous opportunity to shape the initial user experience of a company preparing for significant impact.
We are looking for someone who has an appreciation for thoughtful consumer user experiences, and an empathetic focus on the people we’ve set out to help.
You’re the right fit for this role if you are currently based in California or NYC and are legally allowed to work in the US, consider yourself an experienced product designer and someone who enjoys balancing user needs, business needs, and technical trade-offs in a startup environment.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Partner directly with the CEO and Coa's engineering team to develop our user experience and product design. You'll own the responsibility of bringing it to life.
- Start by evolving the first version of our responsive web app & mobile experience that makes it easy for new users to book classes and complete emotional fitness exercises
- Work with the CEO and product engineer to understand the user needs, problems, and product specifications and design both low-fidelity and high-fidelity designs.
- Talk to our community to understand where technology can continue to enable and deepen their emotional fitness practice
You’ll be successful with us if:
- You’ve worked in early-stage startups and know how to operate effectively in ambiguity and fast-paced environments.
- You are an effective collaborator and relationship builder. You’ve worked with cross-disciplinary teams in the past to create and ship products.
- You have built sophisticated product experiences. You’ve lead the design of multi-featured products.
- You're familiar with modern, collaborative design tools like Figma, Miro, and Whimsical
- You are an experienced product designer who is extremely comfortable working with product managers and engineers to bring a design to life.
- Your can design for consumer-grade mobile and web you've designed responsive web-applications before and are comfortably designing both mobile and web experiences. You are very comfortable planning and executing on the user experience and design.
- You design for business impact. You’re empathetic toward a startup environment and the need to balance speed to market while maintaining high quality and delivering a delightful user experience.
We’re building a culture of:
Apply for this job
- Excellent, proactive, and thoughtful communication about work, personal needs, and expectations.
- Learning, curiosity, self-awareness, and personal growth
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Interest in the depth and complexity of human & emotional experience
- Destigmatization of proactive mental health and mental wellbeing