Reporting to the Managing Director, you will have strategic responsibility for the business development and commercial direction of one of the key business units within the company.
- You will ensure financial targets are achieved from an individual project perspective and for the entire Financial Year for that business unit. You will lead from the front with bringing in key accounts, sponsors, clients and new business revenue to the portfolio. You will work with SportsPro clients at a senior level to ensure optimum commercial partnership delivery is achieved and that fit, value and ROI is achieved on all deliverables, across all appropriate existing platforms and any new products.
- You will be responsible for the continuation of your unit’s rapid market penetration and the industry’s perception of the platforms and products within it.
- You will work closely with the operations, editorial and delivery team to ensure SportsPro’s offering aligns with its commercial objectives – without comprising the brand or product.
- You will personally be tasked with generating revenue, maintaining SportsPro’s huge recent record of growth, our vision and the company values. You will be motivated to achieve maximum returns to ensure event targets are met. You will create and deliver targeted pitches that will meet potential clients’ objectives and develop individually tailored sponsorship strategies.
Strategy and Sales Development
- To develop and implement the sales plan for each product you are responsible for, in line with the long term strategy as directed by and created alongside, the MD and management team across the business units
- To ensure effective communication of the sales strategy to your team and the wider business
- Forecast accurately on a rolling basis, current/next month and annualised revenue by product where applicable
- To work closely with the operational and editorial team to develop new ideas and projects
- To deliver/exceed against monthly, quarterly and annual sales revenue targets
- To lead from the front with individual revenue created and delivered
- Maintain a focus on both retention and growth; regarding revenue and clients
- To ensure direct reports perform to agreed KPI standards
- Continue to foster and develop the open, honest, consultative and supportive team environment that exists within the commercial team, as well as the wider SportsPro business
- Conduct weekly meetings with your business unit’s sales personnel
- Proactively encourage collaboration to achieve team goals
- To conduct regular appraisals with your direct reports, identifying stretching and developing objectives as appropriate
- Develop and maintain relationships with the SportsPro’s key client accounts based on an understanding of their business and the market
- Work closely with other SportsPro business units to maximise our understanding of our customers’ business environment and their needs; exploring mutually beneficial cross-business unit partnerships
Market & Product Knowledge
- Responsibility for SportsPro’s and your business unit’s continued growth within the wider sports industry – from an engagement and awareness point of view
- Ensure a thorough working knowledge of the sports industry sectors within which SportsPro are working on a daily basis
- Ensure full awareness of all competitor events and publications both print and online
Apply for this job
- Minimum of 4 years’ B2B sales experience, preferably within the conferences, media and/or sports industries
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience managing and mentoring
- Degree educated preferred