The Head of Growth is a consumer-focused business leader, supporting a team dedicated to expanding and engaging the core audience of dedicated players of a Scopely game franchise.
Thinking and acting across the full consumer funnel -- from awareness, conversion, engagement and retention -- the Head of Growth unifies Product Management, Brand Marketing, Community, and Customer Service into a holistic strategy. As a critical member of the Scopely Publishing team, the Head of Growth aligns with the game General Manager on their game and business goals and the resources needed to execute the strategies to reach them.
The role requires delivering results with a consumer-orientation, and an analytical drive to assess and deliver on KPIs. The Head of Growth has a bias to experiment and evolve -- refine acquisition channels, identify new market segments, and optimize the player conversion / engagement touch points.
What you will do:
- The Head of Growth is thinking and acting holistically on how to most effectively drive active player scale and loyalty in collaboration with Product and Publishing
- Directly manage a team of Product Manager - Growth, Brand Manager, Community, Customer Service, and VIP leads
- Own the creation and management of the audience growth strategy for your game franchise including planning, costing, ROI analysis of all audience growth initiatives; work with your GM and Exec team for sign off and keeping them involved in the progression and delivery of the strategy
- Engage, consult, and collaborate with senior stakeholders within your game team / studio to ensure that audience growth is paramount in product roadmap and live ops decisions
- Deliver initiatives across the full funnel (Marketing, UA, Sentiment, Retention, Reactivation)
- Work collaboratively with User Acquisition, Creative, Partnerships, Consumer Research, and ASO to support business goals
- Work with the Director of Roadmap to ensure the game roadmap includes the necessary product improvements that will deliver improved early retention, reduce player churn and increase organic downloads
- Work with our Player Research function to measure the current experiences and inform the future experiences we create for our players
- Manage / actively engage with your game community team (Community, CS, VIPs) in a way that leads to maximum positive sentiment both inside of the game and across online channels
- Partner with the Director of User Acquisition to support performance acquisition strategies while searching for new media opportunities that can expand our audience
- Develop Brand Marketing to create awareness, promotion, and acquisition strategies that attracts the most qualified audience, drives organic interest and search, and optimizes paid media KPIs
- Partner with ASO team around app store search and app store discoverability to optimize the organic downloads of the game
- Collaborate with external partners to maximize promotion, distribution footprint of the game across international geographies and alternative channels
What you will need:
Apply for this job
- Experience in mobile, particularly consumer facing live services including gaming, digital entertainment, or e-commerce
- Highly analytical and inquisitive nature, strong structured thinking and prioritization skills
- Demonstrable experience of being highly collaborative and a proven ability to execute on a sustainable growth strategy
- Interest in / passion for gaming
- 2+ years post MBA experience (or equivalent)