We are looking for a senior Executive Manager/Director with over 10 years of management and product experience working on consumer products. You will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to design, develop and evolve innovative consumer products. You will work closely with an internal interdisciplinary team, and outside partners to drive key aspects of product definition, execution and test.
You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment. A passion for quality and reliability is essential in this role. Must have experience working with international (overseas) teams.
- Responsibilities include managing Peloton systems engineering projects involving electrical, BIOS and electronic parts, subsystems, integrated circuitry, and algorithms. Exposure to mechanical considerations is helpful but not required.
- Manages headcount, deliverables, schedules, and costs for multiple ongoing projects and programs, ensuring that resources are appropriately allocated and that goals, objectives, timelines, and budgets are met in accordance with program and organizational roadmaps.
- Engages with other engineering teams, program managers, supply chain, technical leaders and executives to communicate program status, escalate issues, and guide and influence strategic decision-making.
- Manages relationships with outsourced partners and suppliers, including setting expectations regarding deliverables, product quality, schedules, and costs; ensures that team members are effectively communicating and collaborating with outsourced resources.
- Ensure outsourced partners are aligned to the roadmap and strategy.
- Proactively identifies opportunities for process improvement and cost reductions opportunities.
- Provides overall people-care management for direct reports, including hiring, setting and monitoring of annual performance plans, coaching, and career development; drives and fosters organization-wide performance standards, expectations, and practices to support ongoing team member and process development.
Apply for this job
- Engineering equivalent experience required.
- Advanced university degree preferred.
- Typically 15 or more years of related work experience, including 8 or more years of people management experience.
- Experienced with managing teams, hiring, performance management and building and nurturing a high performance culture
- In collaboration with other stakeholders, manage all aspects of the Taiwan office operations (space, equipment, logistics, expense/cost management, etc.)
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in electrical or software engineering, within the scope of high volume consumer product manufacturing.
- 10+ years’ experience managing technical cross-functional engineering teams with ten or more employees.
- 15+ years of work experience in consumer electronics design. Experience with the design and development of display and media products is a plus.
- Experience troubleshooting with engineering team on build related issues
- Engineering basic knowledge in these fields: mechanical, electrical and software.
- Understanding of the complete design at the PCBA and system level. Experience driving evaluations, tradeoff decisions (balancing product needs, cost, schedule and quality).
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally across a range of technical disciplines and different organization levels.
- Must be willing to travel, Domestic and International and to work off hours to support business in Asia