Tonsser is looking for our new Global Event Manager
Since its launch in 2015, Tonsser has become the leading football app for young players focusing on creating equal conditions and opportunities for players to unlock their potential. After building a thriving community in the Tonsser app and across social media, we are now locked in on international expansion in Europe and out of Europe for 2023 and 2024.
We are searching for an enthusiastic event manager with a "can-do" attitude to assist our organisation in hosting events that are integral to our strategy. At the crossroads between our sponsoring agreement with blue chip accounts, the development of our players, and our relationship with pro football clubs, you will be an essential part of our company's growth.
You will be tasked with researching and securing operational partners, planning and managing our events' calendar, researching and securing partners, venues, negotiating quotes and agreements with vendors, assisting with event marketing, monitoring timeframes and budgets, networking, and delivering on event brief objectives.
Your creativity, organisational skills, and vision will assist us in amplifying brand visibility, enhancing client relations, and improve our organisation's growth through events that reflect our brand identity and mission towards our players across several markets.
The ideal candidate for this role should demonstrate exceptional organisational abilities, superb interpersonal skills, multi-tasking skills, and excellent time-management.
- Define, create and own our global event strategy fitting the company's wide objectives
- Work hand in hand with our commercial team on event planning and relationship management with top clients
- Own and implement new strategic events fitting our wider strategy
- Handling budgeting and invoicing
- Liaising and negotiating with vendors./providers
- Develop win-win partnerships with key advertising clients
- Handling logistics
- Communicate successes/failures/opportunities to senior management
- Work hand in hand with Brand Team on ideating events and experiences (program, content & amplification, branding)
- Own event creation & experience (players, clubs, commercial partners) from A-Z, including postmortem, learnings and improvement areas.
- Fluent in French and English (Dutch is a plus)
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent sales and customer service skills
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to prioritise tasks and to delegate them when appropriate
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- You have a degree in business administration or similar field of study with main emphasis on event/marketing/communications
- You have gained professional experience in Event Management (minimum 2-3 years)
- You can demonstrate hunger and vision for how to help build the Tonsser brand through events
- You have experience of communicating to and engaging with a young audience
- Experience in field marketing is a plus
- You have strong communication skills and have the ability to coordinate cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- Experience in working hand in hand with Commercial and Brand teams
What we offer you
- An attractive and competitive remuneration based on competencies and experience
- 100% Work from home flexibility / Remote Friendly 🏡
- Free choice of mobile phone, laptop, monitor and other setup that you need 📱💻
- Be part of a company with Multinational DNA, where the official language is English but we speak: Danish, French, Spanish, Dutch, German and Portuguese! 🌍
- Traveling to watch Tonsser United play, and catch up with teammates ✈️
- Sweet Tonsser United gear and company merch
- Cool offices in Copenhagen, Paris and Berlin
- Healthy lunch for the office-goers
More on Tonsser
Tonsser is a growth-staged startup and the leading app for youth football players in Europe - empowering the next generation of football players to perform, improve and get access to aspirational opportunities. Our ambition is to create a democratised world of football by increasing transparency, creating equal access to opportunities and empowering the athletes.
We enable players to build their player identity and capture their performance through stats and video to compare with the community and earn attention from both local and global clubs. Making the football world more connected and decreasing bias, subjectivity and financial dependencies in player discovery.
On top of our free app, we are building a 21st century football club, Tonsser United. A transformative football club born out of digital community to create opportunities for underrated and unsigned players. Already, Tonsser United have played and competed against clubs like PSG, Juventus, FC Porto, Marseille, Lille and Lyon - and we are seeing how the unsigned players are busting myths about talent identification and how many highly talented players who are out there, just waiting for the right chance.
Tonsser has investors and board members from football clubs like AC Milan, Brentford FC, Southampton FC, RB Leipzig, Philadelphia Union, and companies like Peakon, Public.com
, Podimo and Booking.com
. In other words, we are building a world-class organisation of visionary, brilliant and courageous people all driven to build a better and more democratic football world. Now we want you to be part of it.
Offices in Paris, Berlin and HQ in Copenhagen
Backed by international investors, top level football players and founders of companies like Spotify, Booking.com, Peakon, Vivino ...
Being part of Tonsser means you're working on something very exciting: Shaping the future of football. Through technology we've seen a way to impact how new talents can be empowered and discovered; we're changing the game of football by placing the power where it belongs: in the hands of the 265 million performers of the sport. For the football players to be in control, they need their own football identity.
That's why we've built an app empowering football players to showcase their achievements and determine their success.
Curious to know more about us?
See more jobs at Tonsser