We are looking for a Senior Fullstack or Frontend Engineer to join our Tools squad in Helsinki or in Oulu, Finland. Being located in Helsinki/Oulu is not a requirement for the position but is considered a plus. Being located in Finland is required and Oura will help with relocation, if necessary.
The Tools squad is responsible for designing, building and maintaining Oura’s internal tools that help other teams do their work better. Currently the squad has these responsibilities
- Design and implement how we create and deliver personalized content and highly relevant health insights and in-app guidance to our users
- Build a technical diagnostic product that automates product diagnosis and technical debugging towards both customer support and product development
- Support hardware and firmware development by providing a better feedback loop for factory data, firmware release management and other user activities.
We are mainly looking for a person passionate about building our health insights and in-app guidance tooling.
As an Tools squad full-stack engineer, you will:
- Take responsibility over several internal applications, and bring your vision to develop them further with close collaboration with teams of experts.
- Collaborate with our science and data science teams to provide users with new insights into their health.
- Build our content creation and technical diagnostics applications with VueJS on top of AWS / Firebase services
- Work with cloud functions and scripts with typescript
- Design usable and simple user interfaces based on the user needs
- Discuss and create roadmap with the team
Some buzzwords related to our current tech stack:
- Typescript + Vue
- Github actions
We would love to have you on our team if you have any of the following, but don’t worry too much if you don’t fill all the requirements:
- Passionate about providing accurate and actionable health insights to our users.
- Excited to learn from our data scientists on how new health insights are created.
- Want to understand how different teams inside Oura work and build tools that solve their needs and helps them do their job better
- Have a proactive attitude and end-to-end ownership: taking a rough idea, working with others and our internal users to turn it into a concrete feature or product
- You want to write quality code and can design maintainable and changeable architectures
- Have 4+ years of practical full-stack development work experience.
- Backend experience with Typescript or Python will be considered a plus
- Although not required, experience with UX design is a big plus.
- Excellent communication skills are strongly valued at Oura. English is the de-facto language, no Finnish required.
What we value
You may be exactly what we look for if you like to:
- Write maintainable and well-tested code.
- Help other Ouranians excel at their job.
- Push for architectural improvements that will allow us to scale and build new types of products and features.
- Work closely together with other developers on the squad and in other teams.
- Work with a diverse and talented group of team members residing around the world.
- Have the ability to move to different roles across the company as Oura grows and new opportunities open up.
At Oura, we care about you and your wellbeing. Work-life balance is very important to us.
What we offer:
Apply for this job
- Competitive salary
- Lunch benefit, weekly breakfast / healthy snacks and excellent coffee
- Latest work equipment of choice
- Wellness benefits
- Flexible working hours + work-life balance
- An Oura ring of your own
- Brand new office in downtown Helsinki
- Collaborative, smart teammates
- Work on something that has a global positive impact