Oura’s mission is to empower every person to own their inner potential. Our award-winning products help our global community gain a deeper knowledge of their readiness, activity, and sleep quality by using their Oura Ring and its connected app. By providing daily insights and practical steps to inspire healthy lifestyles, we've helped hundreds of thousands of people understand and improve their health.
We are looking for a Fullstack Engineer. Preferred location: Helsinki, Tampere or Oulu, but you can also work remotely in Finland.
As our Fullstack Engineer, you will:
- Build our technical diagnostics / quality monitoring and other applications with Vue
- Build backend services in a modern AWS cloud environment with Python
- Design usable and simple user interfaces based on the user needs
- Be in direct contact with our firmware and hardware engineers and enjoy a fast feedback loop for the products you create
- Bring your vision to develop our internal tooling further
We would love to have you on our team if you have some of the following:
- Have practical full-stack development work experience
- Experience in Python backend and SQL databases
- Eager to make our new features usable with a modern front-end framework, experience in UX & UI design is considered a plus
- Have a proactive attitude and end-to-end ownership: taking a rough idea, working with others and our internal users to turn it into a concrete feature or product
- Excited to learn from our hardware teams how the rings are built, tested and monitored through their lifecycle.
- Good communication skills in English. English is our de-facto language, no Finnish required
The role and the responsibilities as well as the compensation will be tailored to fit your skills and experience.
About the team
We are a business-critical team that builds internal services for efficient technical troubleshooting and automatic problem detection. We are passionate about providing the best insights and tools for our product developers and customer experience experts.
Some buzzwords related to our current tech stack:
- Python, SQL, AWS, Typescript + Vue, Pyramid, Pandas, Plotly, Firebase, Github actions
Together we will continue to define Oura as a company where you can:
- Be productive, write quality code and design maintainable and changeable architectures
- Be part of an outstanding engineering team following and helping define best practices
- Contribute to a product that improves the lives of 100s of thousands of people across the globe
- Be happy and have great work-life balance - we work efficiently, remove the fluff and pointless meetings, so that work continues to inspire and motivate you
- Grow on your chosen career path, be it technical, people, managerial or leadership skills, or any mix of those
- A competitive salary
- Stock options
- Lunch and wellness benefits
- Flexible working hours + work-life balance
- Collaborative, smart teammates
- An Oura ring of your own
- Personal learning & development budget of 750€
- Unlimited course offerings from Coursera
- Five days per year to devote to personal development training
- You can work remotely as well as from our easy-to-reach Oulu, Helsinki or Tampere offices.
- Latest equipment of your choice
If this sounds like the next step for you, please send us your application and CV as soon as possible, but by May 31st the latest.
Oura is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Individuals seeking employment at Oura are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, socioeconomic status, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Apply for this jobSee more jobs at Oura