We are looking for a full stack software engineer to build and improve server and client-side web applications that run, configure, visualize, and QA our AI-based sports analytics system. The Systems group is at the intersection of the computer vision and the data/AI groups. They ensure machine learning and computer vision algorithms run efficiently for real-time delivery to thousands of sports events every year.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop applications that power the execution of our Computer Vision-based tracking system.
- Build real-time systems for live sports: configuration management, initialization, video player visualization, monitoring and QA.
- Implement and orchestrate distributed microservices (EC2, S3, Docker, message queues, etc.).
- Optimize compute and human resources interacting with the system (e.g. queue prioritization, video augmentation, task generation, and assignment).
- Maintain best practices for software development, including deployment process, documentation, and adherence to and improvement of coding standards.
- Discuss and distribute knowledge, technical concepts, and ideas with any member of our diverse organization
- Server-side: Elixir/Phoenix, RabbitMQ, PostgreSQL, Node, Rust, Golang, Pulsar
- Infrastructure: AWS EC2 and S3, Docker, Linux
- Revision Control: Git
What You Have:
- Bachelor’s in computer science or equivalent experience, with strong software engineering components
- 3+ years’ experience as a front-end software engineer
- 1+ years experience with back-end software engineering (implementing API calls, database queries, etc.)
- Software engineering experience: modern software development practices and tools, distributed programming, database systems, performance tuning
- Able to take point on technical discussions and feature prioritization
What Sets You Apart:
- Experience with Elixir and Phoenix
- Experimentation or production experience in Rust
- Experience with database design and normalization
- Experience with load balancing, cookie and session management
- Performance analysis and monitoring
- Leadership experience and responsibilities with feature releases to technical and non-technical staff
Our Work Environment and What You Will Benefit From:
Apply for this job
- Flat hierarchy and collaborative management by highly qualified technical leads
- Cutting-edge products to work on for major professional sports leagues and teams
- Team-oriented, start-up mindset, innovative and dynamic environment, which encourages growth and provides opportunities to make an impact