The NBA runs numerous web sites and digital products that generate fan interest around the world. League Pass is one of the NBA's best-in-class products available in over 215+ countries that allows fans live and archive access to games from the preseason through the NBA Finals. Whether it be for the NBA, WNBA, G League or 2K League millions of people visit sites, engage with mobile apps, and view our content across multiple platforms. Continuing its role as a digital leader in media, the Digital Product Development team will develop and deliver a number of strategic digital product initiatives for the NBA, NBA 2K League, WNBA and G League.
We are looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer to produce scalable software solutions. You'll be part of a cross-functional team that's responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment. As a Full Stack Software Engineer, you should be comfortable around both front-end and back-end coding languages, development frameworks and third-party libraries. You should also be a team player with a knack for visual design and utility. The candidate for this growth position should be an expert in their field and help lead the team strategically in achieving our goals.
- Work with development teams and product managers to ideate software solutions
- Where applicable, design client-side and server-side architecture and build the front-end of applications through appealing visual design
- Respond to, isolate, and resolve programming problems
- Develop system test criteria and participate in systems testing
- Set coding standards and help drive the strategic technical direction of our engineering efforts; develop systems to meet or exceed business KPIs Understand and modify existing systems as business requirements and consumer behaviors change
- Partnering with Product and Content Teams, gather business requirements and design technical solutions to meet those needs
- Liaise with, and provide written feedback to technical and business constituents as necessary
- Provide technical and developmental mentorship to subordinates
- Provide after-hours and weekend support for production systems when needed.
- Proven experience as a Full Stack Software Engineer or similar role
- Proven experience developing web and mobile applications
- Strong knowledge of Node.js 14.x+, ES6+, TypeScript and experience with asynchronous operations (e.g. promises, generators)
- Strong knowledge of Amazon Web Services inclusive of Lambda, S3, CloudWatch, SQS, EC2, auto-scaling and other micro-services
- Experience with Unit Testing (e.g. Jest, Mocha, Chai)
- Familiarity with databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB), web servers (e.g. Apache) and UI/UX design
- Familiarity with common stacks Knowledge of Content Delivery Networks (e.g. Akamai) and CI/CD stack
- Knowledge of web server technologies (e.g. Apache) and web proxies (e.g. Varnish)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure inclusive of Azure Dev Ops, API management, Virtual Machines Knowledge of Windows Server 2012 (and up) and how to remotely manage Windows server instances
- Familiarity with Adobe suite, specifically Adobe After Effects CC 2018 (and up), and its use of a rendering CLI (e.g. aerender)
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field
We Consider Applicants For All Positions On The Basis Of Merit, Qualifications And Business Needs, And Without Regard To Race, Color, National Origin, Religion, Sex, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Alienage Or Citizenship Status, Ancestry, Marital Status, Creed, Genetic Predisposition Or Carrier Status, Sexual Orientation, Veteran Status, Familial Status, Status As A Victim Of Domestic Violence Or Any Other Status Or Characteristic Protected By Applicable Federal, State, Or Local Law.Apply for this job