Second Spectrum is a sports tech company and for our Lausanne (Lake Geneva region, Switzerland) office we are looking for a Full-Stack Software Engineer.
Build server and client side web applications that run our AI-based sports analytics system, which powers analysis in real-time for thousands of football and basketball games. The Systems group is at the intersection of the computer vision group and the data/AI group. They ensure machine learning and computer vision algorithms can run efficiently for real-time delivery to our customers.
• Develop applications that power the execution of our AI-based sports analytics system.
• Control and monitor real-time systems for live sports games: config management, initialisation, video player visualisation, monitoring and QA.
• Implement and orchestrate microservices in distributed systems (EC2, S3, Docker, message queues, etc.).
• Optimise computing and human resources interacting with the system (e.g. queue prioritisation, task assignment).
• Implement and provide best-practices for maintainable software development, including deployment process, documentation, and adherence to and improvement of coding standards.
• Manage interdisciplinary projects combining different teams within the company.
• MSc in computer science or in a related degree, with strong software engineering components.
• 3+ years of industrial experience as a full-stack software engineer with strong emphasis on back-end.
• 3+ years of industrial experience in full development life cycle: designing, prototyping, implementation, testing and performance evaluation of software.
• Solid experience in software engineering: modern software development practices and tools, concurrent and distributed programming, operating systems, computer networks, database systems.
You Are Fully Proficient With:
• Server-side: Node, Elixir/Phoenix, RabbitMQ, PostgreSQL
• Infrastructure: AWS EC2 and S3, Docker, Linux
• Code base: Git with GitLab or Github
Our Work Environment and What You Will Benefit From:
• Cutting-edge products to work on for major sports leagues, such as the NBA and the English Premier League.
• Start-up mindset, innovative and dynamic environment, which encourages self-development and provides opportunities to make
• Flat hierarchy and collaborative management by highly-qualified technical leads.
• Team-oriented engineering habits and software engineering best practices (readable, maintainable and efficient code).
• Multicultural team with employees based across 4 countries (USA, UK, China & Switzerland).
• Regular formal and informal team outings.
• Flexible working hours, competitive salary, incentive stock options and improved Swiss social benefits.Apply for this job