At Metrica Sports you will:
- Be a part of a small and highly skilled team focused on developing high quality software for data and video analysis.
- Plan and develop new backend services and adapt the existing ones using NodeJS, MongoDB, Redis, etc.
- Design and implement performant, maintainable and reusable code for our frontend projects using React, Redux, CSS, etc.
- Analyze existing codebase and come up with alternatives and improvements to meet new requirements in our products.
- Own your work from development to production and ensure its quality, maintainability, supportability and security.
- Inspire fellows with your creativity and knowledge sharing.
- We are an all remote company (time-zones between Eastern Time and Central European time).
Who we are looking for:
- You are intrinsically curious, like to research new technologies and constantly want to learn and improve.
- You are highly collaborative, love to share your knowledge and want to work on a small and dynamic team.
- You have a startup spirit and like to work on fast paced environment.
You are a good fit if:
- You have 5+ years of experience working as a full-stack engineer.
- You are comfortable using NodeJS and understand the concepts of modern RESTful development.
- You have a solid foundation of system design principles, data structures and algorithms.
- You have experience working with database systems (e.g. MongoDB, Redis, etc.).
- You have experience using modern JS frontend frameworks (e.g. React, Redux, etc.).
- You have experience with AWS infrastructure or similar, creating auto-scalable solutions and automating CI/CD pipelines.
- You are self-driven, value autonomy and are committed to ship high quality code.
- You have an analytical mind and great attention to details.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
We would value:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Experience optimizing performance and costs in a cloud architecture.
- Experience handling servers and data in different regions.
- Experience using Electron or related frameworks.
- Experience coding in Typescript, C++ and/or Python.
- Please use the "Apply for this job" button below. We won't consider email applications.
- We do not accept solicitations by recruiters, recruiting agencies, head hunters and/or outsourcing organizations.
- You can find some tips on how to apply on this old tweet.
- Applications reviewed by team lead and CTO, this process could involve a quick intro call (15mins)
- Technical interview with team lead. We will ask you to prepare a review of code you have worked on that you are particularly proud of, or think it's interesting to discuss. (1h)
- Interview with CTO. (1h)
- Reference calls.
- Interview with CEO. (1h)
Apply for this job
- Remote work (between Eastern and Central European time). Work from wherever you call home.
- Work in a fast growing company. Possibilities to make an impact are everywhere.
- Work on products that are used by clubs, teams and players from teams all over the world at all levels of the game. From grassroots and academies to champions league winners.
- Annual salary between 40k - 60k plus equity, to be discussed depending on experience.