Do you want to work for the world leader in elite sports performance analytics?
Catapult empowers elite coaches globally with scientifically-validated metrics for the advancement of athlete performance. The company engineers wearable technology that provides objective information behind athlete risk, readiness and return to play. Born out of the Australian Institute of Sport (AIS) and a scientific research organization, Catapult now works with over 2500 elite teams and institutes around the world and is based in Australia, the US and the UK.
We offer software, analytics and services that enable sports organizations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach and win. Our products can be found internationally at practice facilities and arenas, in meeting rooms and on the road, serving premier teams in the AFL, NRL, NFL, NBA, Premier League, La Liga and more.
We want people who are passionate about developing innovative products
We are looking to bring on a front end software engineer who loves to stay on top of the latest and greatest technologies, and who can add their weight technically to help contribute to building an awesome experience for our Customers.
You'll need to be customer-focused, enjoy regularly shipping code, and appreciate working in cross-functional software teams which at times, will require you to take on multiple tasks and responsibilities.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Apply leading-edge web development skills to develop user facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimise application for maximum speed and scalability
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders to build user-facing features
- Build prototypes and turn them into real production-quality user facing features
What You’ll Need:
- 3+ years of professional experience working with other developers in a commercial software development team
- Experience with React (immutability, optimisation, etc.)
- Familiar with Redux or other state containers
- Strong understanding of front-end technologies including Bootstrap, SASS, CSS3, HTML5, jQuery
- Familiar with Flexbox
- Experience with Webpack
- Experience consuming API data and subsequent integration with web applications (i.e. with React apps, Angular apps, etc)
- BitBucket web services for VCS
- Strong delivery focus and time management skills
- Pragmatic approach to problem-solving with willingness and desire to learn
- Highly-organised and with excellent attention to detail and able to prioritise important tasks
- Strong work ethic and endeavor to get the job done
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment delivering incremental features
- Proficiency with common web development tools and processes for source control, continuous integration, etc.
What We’d Prefer:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related training
- Experience creating web applications with some component of diagramming (e.g. lucid chart)
- Experience working with data visualization libraries
- Full-stack development experience (LEMP) would be a strong plus, specifically Laravel
- Experience in UI Test frameworks (CasperJS, PhantomJS, Mocha, Jasmine, JEST, Selenium, etc.)
Why You’ll Like Working for Catapult:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive compensation and outstanding paid maternity and paternity leave. We also offer a flexible working environment, referral bonuses for introducing new employees, Quarterly Value Awards and regular social events.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located around the world with state of the art equipment. Be aware, we have very competitive table tennis games in a couple offices so be prepared to play and have fun.
We work with elite sports teams. Why wait until the weekend to be involved with your favorite sports teams? Every day you can make an impact with our clients who are some of the most elite teams in the world.Apply for this job