The Event Manager position at the Kia Forum oversees the operational execution of concerts, entertainment events, and other functions as assigned by the VP Event Production. The scope of this position encompasses a 24-hour, 7-day a week communication line with the Booking, Production, and Operations Departments.
The Kia Forum is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace. New members of our team must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (as defined by the CDC) and will need to provide verification of vaccination for COVID-19.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with internal departments and external clients to minimize expenses and maximize budgeted results while maintaining optimal operating efficiency and guest service level.
- Gather information to create event notes for internal distribution.
- Lead Event meetings outlining client expectations and operational needs.
- Work closely with the Booking Department to ensure fulfillment of all client requirements related to each event.
- Ensure that all teams are hitting due dates for deliverables
- Troubleshoot and document any event day issues and/or problems including those affecting clients, guests, staff, or operating issues.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of all event-related working parts and be able to identify potential conflicts between departments.
- Manage assignment of space on Kia Forum property for VIP, Sponsorship, Marketing, Merch, F&B, and tour activations.
- Collaborate with Venue Operations departments and Finance to collect and prepare event expense budgets, monitor actual costs, and be able to speak to variances should they occur.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule inclusive of weekends, nights, and holidays.
- The Event Manager will maintain a thorough understanding of the needs and responsibilities of all Venue Operations departments and be able to speak to costs, staffing, and schedule for all assigned events.
- 3-5 years of Event Operations/Facilities Management or Guest Services Management.
- AutoCAD experience strongly preferred.
- Proven ability to assess, develop and successfully execute event operations planning and quickly adapt to change as required.
- Must demonstrate superior communication skills and an extraordinary attention to detail.
- Proven ability in conflict resolution in a high profile/high volume environment.
- Ability to plan, analyze and control a budget and spending.
- Proven ability to work in a live entertainment environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work in high pressure, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to demonstrate success in managing multiple tasks while under tight deadlines and financial constraints.
- Strong PC skills with a focus on Excel and MS Word.
- Excellent verbal & written communication, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a deadline-oriented environment.
Target salary range for this role is $75,000 - $90,000 per year.
#LI-DNPSee more jobs at LA Clippers